Painter & Decorator arriving in 3 weeks any tips for empoyment please

Guest pauljoinoz

Guest pauljoinoz

Hi

We are due to arrive in 3 weeks time & I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to find employment once we arrive.

I am a City & Guilds experienced Painter & Decorator of 20 years & managed to pick up a few contacts when we were on our reccie but just wondered if anyone else have any useful info please. I am looking at gettng my licience as soon as possible I have several references & customer testimonials.

Any help appreciated thank you

Paul Jo from Southend on Sea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest katypritchard

We are looking at coming to south australia - does a painter and decorator have to obtain a licence if coming on a PR? we thought this was just for plumbers etc

Kate

Guest soggy
We are looking at coming to south australia - does a painter and decorator have to obtain a licence if coming on a PR? we thought this was just for plumbers etc

Kate

Hi,

it does not matter what type of visa you are on, a licence is required if you want to work for your self either as a company or just as a self employed person, you can work for somone else with out a licence though.:)

Simon

Guest Kraig1967
Hi,

it does not matter what type of visa you are on, a licence is required if you want to work for your self either as a company or just as a self employed person, you can work for somone else with out a licence though.:)

Simon

All plumbing jobs advertised ask for Licensed/Registered plumbers only.

Guest katypritchard

Hi Angela,

Thanx for your response. Are you enjoying it in Adelaide? Has yr hubby found it easy to get employment? Ant has been a painter and decorator for nearly 11 years and would prefer to work for a company until we find our feet etc.

Kate