tools

Guest lobbylou

Guest lobbylou

hi my name is ashley a plumber due to arrive in adelaide in february 09

hope someone can give me some advice on what sort of tools to bring is it worth me bringing hand tools and cordless equipment or is it cheaper to buy new over there would be greatful for any advice you can give me.

hi my name is ashley a plumber due to arrive in adelaide in february 09

hope someone can give me some advice on what sort of tools to bring is it worth me bringing hand tools and cordless equipment or is it cheaper to buy new over there would be greatful for any advice you can give me.

I am a toolmaker, or should i say WAS ( lol ) i shipped all my tools out out with, me.

Just make sure they are clean very clean just in case they take a look.

I have a friend who is a sparky and he wishes he had bought all his stuff with him.

PS wherebouts in berbyshire you from loubylou?

Guest lobbylou

thanks heaps good for the reply i think i will take them with me my tools will be so clean you'll see your face in em.

we are from alvaston in derby were you from around these parts before you left for the sunshine?

ash :emoticon-signxmas:

• 3 weeks later...
thanks heaps good for the reply i think i will take them with me my tools will be so clean you'll see your face in em.

we are from alvaston in derby were you from around these parts before you left for the sunshine?

ash :emoticon-signxmas:

Sorry not to get back to you sooner, i just been looking thru some of my old posts.

I am from the High Peak originally then moved to Gloucestershire, then moved to here.

All Good.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carl Hallam

Hi im Carl( Sparky ) was talking to another sparks overthere he said to bring as much as poss as some of the tools we disscussed were $99 on offer over there when i can get them here for about £23 so almost double. he also told me not to bother with my 110v stuff as they dont allow it on site there

What about Brickies tools? I'm confused as to what we have to do about stuff my OH will need before the container gets to us. Hopefully he will be working well before then.

Guest lobbylou
Hi im Carl( Sparky ) was talking to another sparks overthere he said to bring as much as poss as some of the tools we disscussed were $99 on offer over there when i can get them here for about £23 so almost double. he also told me not to bother with my 110v stuff as they dont allow it on site there

thanks carl have just had all our stuff boxed up and sent by pss i decided to take most of my hand tools and all of my cordless equipment but they have to be very very clean it took me weeks to clean them all up but now they look like new so at least it will look proffessional over there for a few weeks i was also told not to take my 110v stuff just before my tools were shipped so i was glad someone let me know so be sure of what tools you really want to take, when do you arrive we fly out there on the 21st feb so not long now

good luck

ash :D

thanks carl have just had all our stuff boxed up and sent by pss i decided to take most of my hand tools and all of my cordless equipment but they have to be very very clean it took me weeks to clean them all up but now they look like new so at least it will look proffessional over there for a few weeks i was also told not to take my 110v stuff just before my tools were shipped so i was glad someone let me know so be sure of what tools you really want to take, when do you arrive we fly out there on the 21st feb so not long now

good luck

ash :D

Enjoy the countdown.............5........................4...............................3.........:)

Guest Carl Hallam

hi quick question who did you use for carrier , we are only taking 10m boxs about 1/2 mtr squareand 30 kgs each and some advice "you have good luck when you make your own".

Guest lobbylou

[

quote=Carl Hallam;67502]hi quick question who did you use for carrier , we are only taking 10m boxs about 1/2 mtr squareand 30 kgs each and some advice "you have good luck when you make your own".

Hi Carl we used pss removals to ship our items we had about half a container approx (417 cubic feet) they are an excellent company they are very helpful and they are more than happy to answer all you questions we did get other quotes for shipping but they were not as helpful as pss (eg pickfords,brittania and webbs).

If you are going to share a container with someone else then it will take longer to arrive as they will not send it until they fill the rest of the container approx 8 to 12 weeks all in all.

hope this helps.

ash.