Feeling twitchy

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

I've applied for a few jobs online (not in Adelaide till 23rd December) and had my first "you haven't made it to next stage note". Ach well..hey ho..but I am still feeling a tad twitchy as haven't heard anything about interviews from any of the others. One had a closing date of 24th November. They said they'd let me know if I'll make it through the first sift but that just seems like a while ago now. I guess I'm just super eager to hear anything.

I just pray we can both get jobs relatively soon when we get there or we are potentially stuffed! I'll need to make my own work I reckon.

TTFN..Carol Ann

PS..17 year old will get a job and keep us all, he's already been told that. 12 year old said he'll get a paper round to help the family if we need it ...awwwww

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Hopefully you'll hear something soon, if not, like you say the kids can do all the work LOL. :laughxmas:

On a serious note though, i really hope you find something soon. It must be so hard not knowing if you will have a job when you get there. Good Luck. :emoticon-signxmas:

Hi there,

I've applied for a few jobs online (not in Adelaide till 23rd December) and had my first "you haven't made it to next stage note". Ach well..hey ho..but I am still feeling a tad twitchy as haven't heard anything about interviews from any of the others. One had a closing date of 24th November. They said they'd let me know if I'll make it through the first sift but that just seems like a while ago now. I guess I'm just super eager to hear anything.

I just pray we can both get jobs relatively soon when we get there or we are potentially stuffed! I'll need to make my own work I reckon.

TTFN..Carol Ann

PS..17 year old will get a job and keep us all, he's already been told that. 12 year old said he'll get a paper round to help the family if we need it ...awwwww

Here's my wee portfolio page in case anyone knows anyone. I have loooooooads of skills. Even did a medical secretarial course years ago so can do shorthand and typing if it comes to it. I'd prefer to do some sort of desktop publishing job though.

http://www.baycanvases.com/carolann

Hi there mate, welcome to the mad world of job hunting in Adelaide.

I had lots on interviews lined up for when we got here but they were all in the north as it turned out we settled in the south.

So i emailed them all and let them know they were pretty cool about it.

Its mad and does your head in job hunting here man, you will have to develop a thick skin, and be prepared to hear nothing from a majority of companies, alot of ppl have a moan about it me being one of them.

I just apply now thinking if i hear summat its a bonus lol.

Good luck there aint nowt wrong with doin some ground work from the Wetlands before you get here.

PS What sites are you using for your jon hunting?

Guest rockpool crab
Hi there mate, welcome to the mad world of job hunting in Adelaide.

I had lots on interviews lined up for when we got here but they were all in the north as it turned out we settled in the south.

So i emailed them all and let them know they were pretty cool about it.

Its mad and does your head in job hunting here man, you will have to develop a thick skin, and be prepared to hear nothing from a majority of companies, alot of ppl have a moan about it me being one of them.

I just apply now thinking if i hear summat its a bonus lol.

Good luck there aint nowt wrong with doin some ground work from the Wetlands before you get here.

PS What sites are you using for your jon hunting?

Hiya, looks like I'll need to toughen up then, never really had a thick skin :-( I mostly use careeone and have set up alerts with specific key words of jobs that I'd be interested in. I do see a fair amount of jobs that I reckon I could go for which I guess is heartening, but it's obviously my biggest fear factor in all of this life changing experience.

Maybe it'll feel easier once I'm there, guess it does all seem a bit "distant" at the moment.

If I don't get something after about 5 months then I'll really worry.

TTFN...Carol Ann

PS..PMA..need to stay positive :biggrinxmas:

Guest rockpool crab

Just got another knockback..didn't even make the interview for an "Online Communications Officer". This is actually what I did for IBM..can't believe I didn't even make an interview. God I feel sick now. Plan B..paint for a living. :laughxmas:

I was going to say hun, with your talent for painting, I suggest Painting Parties here in Adelaide.

Us girlies love our party planners ( well new ideas anyway, I couldn't look at another Body shop product...) its a great way for new people to meet each other and for you to build up your social circle.

Get working on those canvasses girl!!!

Judi x:biggrinxmas:

Guest rockpool crab
I was going to say hun, with your talent for painting, I suggest Painting Parties here in Adelaide.

Us girlies love our party planners ( well new ideas anyway, I couldn't look at another Body shop product...) its a great way for new people to meet each other and for you to build up your social circle.

Get working on those canvasses girl!!!

Judi x:biggrinxmas:

I really think this is going to be a happening thing..lol. I'm bringing lots of blank canvases with me as well as some unfinished ones. I just don't have the time to finish them right now but I know they're going to be good. One of them is like a sculpture rather than a painting. I used net, decorators caulk and plaster of paris bandages and then cut out holes in the canvas. It's not finished..i.e. not painted but I know it's gonna look good. Never done anything like it before so it's defo an original!

I'll keep my spirits up then as if 12 weeks is anything to go by then I guess I'm being a tad impatient...lol :biggrinxmas:

Cheers Judi

Carol Ann