Thread: Starglazers??

Title
      Liked
      74 times
      Rep

Starglazers??

Hi all,

I posted a thread on here in May about pottery cafes... just wondering if anyone knows if Starglazers is still up and running... their website isn't.. but wondered if the shop is?
      Also - does anyone know the name of the one in Brighton?

We are still thinking about it (still dreaming!) - but would like to do as much research from here as possible beforehand.:nerd:xmas Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lulujim View Post
      Hi all,

I posted a thread on here in May about pottery cafes... just wondering if anyone knows if Starglazers is still up and running... their website isn't.. but wondered if the shop is?

We are still thinking about it (still dreaming!) - but would like to do as much research from here as possible beforehand.:nerd:xmas Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
      I think they have shut down the shop but I heard they were doing something mobile at one bit.

sarahsmartiepants
      Quote Originally Posted by Lulujim View Post
      Hi all,

Thank you!
      I think they closed down too. What and where in Brighton. Do you mena Plaster Fun House!!!!!!!!:biggrinxmas:

Title
      Liked
      74 times
      Rep
      Hi Sarah and Tyke,

Yes I think that's it... just Donna referred to it on the last thread:

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...hlight=pottery

Is that the same type of thing??

Do you know why it closed down? - God I hope it was for another reason - not lack of trade?!

Do you think this kind of thing would work down south or does it need to be in a central place do you think??

Thanks for your replies, :biggrinxmas:

Alexis

Title
      Liked
      164 times
      Rep
      If you look on the old Adbrits - their username was Rubytuesday http://www.adelaide-brits.com/forum/...wprofile&u=182, you could try to pm them. They did close down and go mobile.

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      They are still trading mobile - Mandy (Ruby Tuesday) brings everything to you and then fires the pots at her home.

Can highly recommend her. If you want her contact details let me know I am in touch with her, not sure how much she uses the forums nowadays.

Nikki
      x

Title
      Liked
      181 times
      Rep
      Starglazers was in Goodwood. I would have used it but it was too far to go for an afternoon or morning. Plus the area is, in my opinion, where younger couples go and not necessarily families.

I did go to the Brighton Plaster House thing, ONCE, which was sufficient, thank you very much. I won't go again. They had a great choice and everything was a great price but on the day we went it was organised chaos. I just can't face it again.

I would LOVE to see one of these down south. I have lots of painted masterpieces from my children - masterpieces such as a cerise pink rabbit, a rainbow horse, a gecko with purple spots (who knows? there might actually be one?), jewellery, mugs, coasters, cheese platters, etc. And most of the memories come from watching them painting them, fantastic.

Please, please, please open one down south!!!!!!!!!

0405delboy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mysnix View Post
      They are still trading mobile - Mandy (Ruby Tuesday) brings everything to you and then fires the pots at her home.

Can highly recommend her. If you want her contact details let me know I am in touch with her, not sure how much she uses the forums nowadays.

Nikki
      x
      Hello, I wanted to arrange a party there a while back for my friends little girl who's quite ill. If this lady visits that would be awesome. Has she got a number or email?

Regards 0405delboy

Title
      Liked
      74 times
      Rep
      Thanks so much for all the help people- it would be a real dream come true (just got to convince my OH first! :confusedxmas:)
      Have PM'd you for the contact email, would be great to find out if there's enough business for another one down south and reasons for closing down the cafe.
      Really hope so :smilexmas:

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Hi all

I'm Starglazers - yes i did have a shop in Goodwood but I have now gone mobile. I basically do OSHC in the school holidays which is much better for me. I can come to for parties and depending on the age of the child it can take from 40 mins to 1 1/2, or if you are arranging sleepovers I can leave you everything and collect the next day. I'm pretty flexible. For parties the minimum requirement is 8. There are two prices $17.50 or $22.50. All depending on what you want to do, this includes, paints, stencils, brushes, sponges, glazing and firing and there is a two week turn around and I will deliver back to you.

Unfortunatley Adelaide is not quite ready for us.

If anyone is interested email starglazerskidz@yahoo.com.au or pm me.

Amanda

•  
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums