Advice on jobs please?

Guest Bee

I am doing some very early research as I am thinking about moving to Australia in 3-4 years time, maybe even later than that.

I am planning to do my teacher training and will have only been qualified for a year at the earliest time I might be able to emigrate and therefore know that it may be extremely difficult to get a job as a teacher over there. I was just wondering what types of jobs it would be relatively easy to get if I didn't get into teaching there? It would have to be a job that could support me and keep me in a rented property as I would more than likely be on my own.

I have been told that most of the british teachers over there are in their 40s? This is a little discouraging as I would only be around 23/24 if I decided to move.

Any advice anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest graandjac

:smilexmas:Bee its hard to predict what is going to happen in 3-4 years time, but it seems here if you have a bit of paper to say you can do it the chance of finding a job go up hugely, so i would guess that once you have qualified you will have no trouble. There are loads of teaching post advertised every week. As to the age thing i can promise you there are loads of people here who say "I wish I have done it when we were younger" and with the way the uk is heading even before the recession moving to oz would be a good move. good luck

Hi there. I would just like to ask if you are going to teacher train by the GTP or PGCE route? This is important because SA accept the PGCE no problem, but as a GTP trained teacher, I know that SA do not recognise this as a teaching qualification. I have to pay excessive fees for a university course to get my teaching qualifications recognised. Good luck.

Guest Danni & Tom

Hello everyone!

I am a hairdresser looking for a job i live in hallett cove so it has to be reasonbly close by i have handed in a 100 cvs and still no luck!

i currently work in the city but not really working as its to far to travel coz i dont drive as yet.. and the hours are long..

if anyones got any advise if they know of anything

be much appreciated

danni

Guest Libby1971

A little tip for when you apply for your PGCE...try to show experience of having worked with children in the age group you want to work with. Some unis don't ask for it but I know mine did.

As for experience, during your NQT year, perhaps you could organise a trip out for the year group if doing secondary...I don't think you said initially whether you are focusing on primary or secondary. As for primary, taking an intiaitve of something is good. Basically you want to sound like you are a really enthusiastic teacher, which of course you will be, but really have something to offer. What subject are you doing?

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hello everyone!

I am a hairdresser looking for a job i live in hallett cove so it has to be reasonbly close by i have handed in a 100 cvs and still no luck!

i currently work in the city but not really working as its to far to travel coz i dont drive as yet.. and the hours are long..

if anyones got any advise if they know of anything

be much appreciated

danni

Hi Danni, Iknow the job i put you forward foe didnt pan out, but I was in the suppliers this afternoon and there were 2 jobs advertised there, they appeared to be full time.

sarah

Hi Libby,

I already have a job working with a family that has a SEN child so hopefully that will be taken into account as experience. I'm planning to do primary...not too sure about a subject yet though.

Thankyou for your advice :)