Nursing work

julie-ruth

Hi I'm looking for Nursing Assistant work I know there are some nurses on here and woz wondering if you could point me in the right direction I'm looking at probably agency work because I only want casual, but do prefer working in an hospital enviroment as but I have done home care, I'm willing to do any training required and living in the Golden Grove area, any advice welcome on where I should start........

Thanks Julie

hi julie, NASA nsb has lots of work for nursing assistants but alot does tend to be nursing homes, at hospital i work they dont employ them not sure about public but give the agency a try. Not sure if you need a qualification though as lots require certs in care.

http://nursingagency.com.au/

08 8338 1000

give em a ring they are really quick at recruiting as i was signed up and within i week i could do shifts x

Mostly in community Nursing Assistants are called home care support workers. Not sure about hospitals but you can email them directly or look on their websites for vacancies. Lots of different agencies here who employ heathcare assistants. The Repatriation Hospital uses them in their hospice called Daws House i believe. There is a Community based company called Home Care Support Services that use care assistants in the community and i am told employ casual staff. Aparently they are quite good to work for. Good Luck with your search.

You will need a cert 3, in either Aged care, community care or disabilities. which is equiv to NVQ back in the UK, if you already have an NVQ you may be able to have it verified here in SA, TAFE will be able to help there.

i dont think you'll find anywhere willing to employ you without that, though if you are signed up for a course you might have some luck.

Some agencies won't employ *new* carers and require experience, but a lot of Aged Care facilities are willing to take on staff casually.

Home SUpport Services are excellent to work for, ( I work for them :) )they employ on a casual basis but do require a cert 3 for carers

Best of Luck

Guest anniewo

There are many Cert 3 training organisations.I personally feel that CTC,TAFE, and Nurse Ed(educational arm of NASANSB) are very professional.We have many student placements where I work.The length of the course varies,cost is about $1500 I believe.Hope this helps