457 visa to PR....

Guest thebaddeleys

Hi Kerry,

we're about to go through this process too.

Our agent has given us 3 options; 1) Employer sponsored 2) region sponsored or 3) Independent skilled.............................we will opt for the employer sponsored option, we think; this depends on company policy etc. check with your agent as to the best one for you!!

the medical you had in the uk will stand if you had it less than a year ago, so that will be a big saving........................................

Of course agents fees play no small part in this..............??? do you really need to use one, i wonder??

DIAC would have the answers. I do know that the regional one prevents you working/living in another state for some time.

Good luck

Jane

Guest thebaddeleys

Thats good that our medicals will still count, as we only had them 4 months ago!

So its sounds like just some form filling, hopefully my husbands employer will see it that way too!!!!

It just seems you get so many more benefits on PR, having been here for 3 months on the temp 457 you realise you get no help with ANYTHING!

Crossing my fingers they go for it x