Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By guest569

Thread: Any soletraders on here...

thebaddeleys

Any soletraders on here...

How easy was it to set up the business over here?

Thanks,

Kerry x

guest569
      Easy. just go online and get your Tax File number. This will be sent to you ( takes between 7 - 14 days to arrive ) Once you have that then go back online and get an instant ABN number. Thats it.
      adenick likes this.

thebaddeleys
      gosh easy as that... I guess the tricky stuff comes when you do your tax return! x

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by passionate pom View Post
      Easy. just go online and get your Tax File number. This will be sent to you ( takes between 7 - 14 days to arrive ) Once you have that then go back online and get an instant ABN number. Thats it.
      Dont you need to take a business course and get a licence?

Title
      Liked
      53 times
      Rep
      I was going to set up on my own doing electrical work and to do so you need to do a small buisness course to get your licence dont know if this is just for the trades or everyone :)

Title
      Liked
      108 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tooeasy View Post
      I was going to set up on my own doing electrical work and to do so you need to do a small buisness course to get your licence dont know if this is just for the trades or everyone :)
      I have two busineses and did not need to do a course, maybe only needed if your business needs a licence.:)

Simon

Title
      Liked
      1423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by thebaddeleys View Post
      How easy was it to set up the business over here?

Thanks,

Kerry x
      I have an ABN, and am just about to start uo my own business and no course for me to go on, as long as you keep track of what your earning and keep all your receipts etc etc then you should be cool. ;)

Fancy a Beer
      We have our own company, and didnt need licences or anything like that, it was very easy, as for the tax returns etc thats down to having a decent Accountant! Can recommend ours to anyone looking for one, extreamly helpful!!

Title
      Liked
      108 times
      Rep
      Hi,
      here are a couple of websites that will be useful for anyone thinking of starting a new business, they give lots of info and are useful as a reference, if you are going to set up a business that is more than a "one man band" I would recommend a good accountant or bussiness advisor, at first things look so similar to the UK but there are lots of small differences that can catch you out if your not careful.

Simon:):)
      http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/con...64&mfp=001/003

http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/

•  
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums