Post Man

Maggiemoo

My friend is a postie - not sure how easy it is to get a job - I do know he has had the job for over 4 years and is still casual! He applied for a couple of permanent positions but didn't get them .It involved him being time with a stop watch to see how quick he could sort the mail and how quickly it took to post letters.

Guest Guest1495

I've looked into it as a option, it seems quite viable, the only thing I found/was told is the posties are usually on short contracts rather than being permanent. One job I saw was a motorcycle round which you had to provide your own waterproofs but they supplied the bike. I think it would be a good option to get yourself in the job market and even a good way to see a bit of the area!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I know a couple of posties and an ex postie.

The 2 who are still are still casual, the one who is ex was fed up being casual wanting some stability so left.

You have to weigh under 100k or it could be 99k not pos on the weight now but know there is one. You need to have a motorbike lisence.

sarah

Guest panther
Does anyone know how easy it is to get into the Post in Adelaide. We are arriving in June and have no jobs to come to and wondered what it is like working as a postman?

Many thanks,

All delivery Jobs within Australia Post are arranged through Job Agencies and are mostly part time. You will need to have a motor cycle licence and be prepared to work any where in the Adelaide Metro area, wherever there is a vacancy, start times vary but these days after 6.30am. It can move towards a permanant position but again mainly part time 25 hours per week that can increase of course depends on overtime.

You would need to show apptitude for speed in sorting into frames similar to the UK ones and a good skill in delivering very accurately.

Any further info email me.

"Offering short Term fully furnished accomodation "

Lorikeet Retreat

I know a couple of posties and an ex postie.

The 2 who are still are still casual, the one who is ex was fed up being casual wanting some stability so left.

You have to weigh under 100k or it could be 99k not pos on the weight now but know there is one. You need to have a motorbike lisence.

sarah

Its a 100kg you cnt be over this weight else the bike wnt start apparantly....they have been advertising over the last few weeks, check out some old vacancies on Careerone and seek.

HG

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day.

If you have a car licence, have you looked at bus driving.

Take a look at Torrrens transit http://www.swantransit.com.au/tt/default.asp Its mainly split shift hours but good holidays, you can acue roundabout 10 weeks a year paid plus you can take it all in one go if you like. The pay aint great and the hours are awkward but its a great laugh.

Roughly $400 pw take home whilst training (1 month) then roughly $600 - $650 pw take home when you are on the road. theres always plent of overtime as well which mean its possible to earn around $1000 pw ($850 pw after deductions).

Its just an idea if you get stuck.

Guest panther
Thanks for all your help everyone. Does anyone know if it is worth getting a bike license before we come over, will it help if he has it already?

Mags

It would help if he gets one in the UK as it could be a while before he can get one here also he would need to hold a full motor cycle license before Australia Post would hire him not a provisional one.

Short Term fully furnished accomodation available near the beach with sea views

PM me for information

Guest covfan71
G'day.

If you have a car licence, have you looked at bus driving.

Take a look at Torrrens transit http://www.swantransit.com.au/tt/default.asp Its mainly split shift hours but good holidays, you can acue roundabout 10 weeks a year paid plus you can take it all in one go if you like. The pay aint great and the hours are awkward but its a great laugh.

Roughly $400 pw take home whilst training (1 month) then roughly $600 - $650 pw take home when you are on the road. theres always plent of overtime as well which mean its possible to earn around $1000 pw ($850 pw after deductions).

Its just an idea if you get stuck.

Hi cornish, judging by your name i take it you were a bus driver before going to Oz???

It is something i would b interested in as i have been in Admin for thelast 23 years and want something different. Would i have to come over with a bus license or would i get all the training i need over there?

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Mark.

The bus companys here train you up and put you through your test.

Its different from the UK one, its easier.

Dont worry if you havnt driven anything big before as most people havnt when they start.

Guest covfan71
G'day Mark.

The bus companys here train you up and put you through your test.

Its different from the UK one, its easier.

Dont worry if you havnt driven anything big before as most people havnt when they start.

Hi Cornish, is it hard to get a position on the buses or are they always after drivers?

What sort of shifts do you do?

Does anyone know how easy it is to get into the Post in Adelaide. We are arriving in June and have no jobs to come to and wondered what it is like working as a postman?

Many thanks,

Just saw this advert on www.seek.com.au under Government/Defence and thought of you! Not sure what visa you need to have, or if you have to be a citizen.

Postal Delivery Officer - Postie

We are looking for motivated and reliable people who have a passion for riding a motorcycle. A early morning start to a Posties’ day allows the mail to be sorted and on its way to the addressee by mid-morning. On most days our Posties have finished their day’s work by the time the rest of us are eating lunch.

We are actively recruiting to fulfil positions in and around the Adelaide and Darwin metropolitan areas as they arise. These positions are initially part time although full time positions are usually available following a period of employment.

Our Posties must be fit and active, and it also helps if you enjoy outdoor work. It is desired that you have a full motorcycle licence although candidates with a provisional licence are encouraged to apply. Our motorcycles have a safe working load limit which requires you to weigh 100kg or less when fully clothed and you must be able to lift up to 16kg.

If you are customer focused and looking for a challenge then apply now! Applications are accepted online at www.auspost.com.au/jobsatpost.

To obtain a paper application for a Postie position call 13 13 18.

Australia Post is an equal opportunity employer which values workforce diversity.

Another one!

Postal Transport Officer - Australia Post

Do you love life on the road? Postal Transport Officers drive both small and large trucks on metropolitan and country routes and are responsible for the transportation of mail between street posting boxes, airports and mail centres.

We are actively recruiting to fill positions based in the Adelaide metropolitan area as they arise for motivated and reliable people who have excellent driving skills and the appropriate driver’s licences. These positions are initially part time although full time positions are usually available following a period of employment. Our drivers are fit and active and need to be able to lift up to 16kg.

If you are customer focused and looking for a challenge then apply now! Applications are accepted online at www.auspost.com.au/jobsatpost.

To obtain a paper application call 13 13 18.

Australia Post is an equal opportunity employer which values workforce diversity.

Guest panther
Thanks all. Great bit of info but does anyone know if you can apply on a temp Visa and a British driving licence. Can't find any details on the website.

Temp Visa not sure about you would need to check with Immigration to be sure. A UK license would be ok then convert to Auusie whilst here dont think you need to sit for another exam

Panther

Short Term Accommodation

Guest panther

Another one!

Postal Transport Officer - Australia Post

Do you love life on the road? Postal Transport Officers drive both small and large trucks on metropolitan and country routes and are responsible for the transportation of mail between street posting boxes, airports and mail centres.

We are actively recruiting to fill positions based in the Adelaide metropolitan area as they arise for motivated and reliable people who have excellent driving skills and the appropriate driver’s licences. These positions are initially part time although full time positions are usually available following a period of employment. Our drivers are fit and active and need to be able to lift up to 16kg.

To obtain a paper application call 13 13 18.

Please note these are for PART TIME so need to understand that part and Full time driving positions are very rare, from someone who knows

Panther

Short Term Accomodation Available