I got a job WooHoo.

• 1 month later...
Guest anna niks
At Bunnings, start next wednesday :jiggy:.....came here as a toolmaker on a 136 Skilled Modl VISA i have had 4 other jobs since i have been here.

Never give up is what i say, keep the faith guys.

Sometimes you have to diversify, if you want something bad enough you will do whatever.

well congats on the job and i hope its all going well ,

i just wondered if you applied online for the job at bunnings or did you go into the store and enquire , i am currently looking for a job and have applied on line there.

thanks anna x

Guest rockpool crab
At Bunnings, start next wednesday :jiggy:.....came here as a toolmaker on a 136 Skilled Modl VISA i have had 4 other jobs since i have been here.

Sometimes you have to diversify, if you want something bad enough you will do whatever.

well done you!...any of your other 4 jobs going for grabs? as I too am still on the ranks of the unemployed :-(

Have put in for a cleaning job, haven't heard about an interview even, still..early days..was only last Thursday I applied.

Onwards and upwards, just hope it happens soonish rather than laterish.

Bye for now Carol Ann

well congats on the job and i hope its all going well ,

i just wondered if you applied online for the job at bunnings or did you go into the store and enquire , i am currently looking for a job and have applied on line there.

thanks anna x

hiya yeh i applied online a while ago and did not hear anything for ages...then outta the bkue i got an email....and now here i am working at bunnings and loving it....altho the early 5am starts are tough but i can cope.

well done you!...any of your other 4 jobs going for grabs? as I too am still on the ranks of the unemployed :-(

Have put in for a cleaning job, haven't heard about an interview even, still..early days..was only last Thursday I applied.

Onwards and upwards, just hope it happens soonish rather than laterish.

Bye for now Carol Ann

hi Carol....just keep on sending off them resumes, keep applying for jobs etc etc.

It does get you down but stick at it, i have sent off for allsorts of weird and wonderful jobs.

Good luck.

HG !!!

Guest rockpool crab
hiya yeh i applied online a while ago and did not hear anything for ages...then outta the bkue i got an email....and now here i am working at bunnings and loving it....altho the early 5am starts are tough but i can cope.

hi Carol....just keep on sending off them resumes, keep applying for jobs etc etc.

It does get you down but stick at it, i have sent off for allsorts of weird and wonderful jobs.

Good luck.

HG !!!

Hiya...thanks for cheering me up..I will keep applying as you do ALTHOUGH..I've finally got an interview!! On Monday, Graphic Art Supervisor at FLinders University!..wooot. I phoned up today to see if I needed to take a hard copy portfolio as I only have an online one and the guy said "funnily enough was just about to call you and ask if you wanted to come in for interview..so pick your date and time"..so..I picked MOnday 10.30 am as the very first interview...then I quickly changed my mind and said "can I make it last thing on Tuesday instead as it'd be good to leave a lasting impression"...he said "good strategy, see where you're coming from, but to be honest it makes no difference whether you're first or last as we've been very discerning regarding the amount of interviewees we have and quite frankly I'd prefer to interview you first if you don't mind"..jeeeeeezo..I think this sounds so hopeful! I've now got it in my head that they want to interview me first as I'm the most likely candidate (;)) and then they don't have to concentrate so hard on interviewing anyone else!!!...ha ha

So everyone, fingers and toes crossed for 10.30am on Monday 23rd...ooo...sooooo excited!!

Carol Ann :D

Guest rockpool crab
23_9_12.gif Carol Ann, and 23_33_15.gif for you, for Monday.......

Cheers Carole and Kim really appreciate your support. Just sent what I said to my mum and she's reading between the lines that there might only be TWO people being interviewed...omg...I just need to control the fact that I might projectile vomit when I first walk in..if I get past that stage I reckon I'll be ok!

Cheers again!

Thats great, can I just be a thicko as I'm still in the UK, what is Bunnings? Is it a DIY store? Just a random guess.

Cheers Carole and Kim really appreciate your support. Just sent what I said to my mum and she's reading between the lines that there might only be TWO people being interviewed...omg...I just need to control the fact that I might projectile vomit when I first walk in..if I get past that stage I reckon I'll be ok!

Cheers again!

Hey you be cool just be yourself, i am a hardened interviewee ;)

Thats great, can I just be a thicko as I'm still in the UK, what is Bunnings? Is it a DIY store? Just a random guess.

Yeh yeh its the biggest DIY Warehouse in Oz.....its a good laff working there really freindly ppl.

I really enjoy it !!!:jiggy:

Hiya...thanks for cheering me up..I will keep applying as you do ALTHOUGH..I've finally got an interview!! On Monday, Graphic Art Supervisor at FLinders University!..wooot. I phoned up today to see if I needed to take a hard copy portfolio as I only have an online one and the guy said "funnily enough was just about to call you and ask if you wanted to come in for interview..so pick your date and time"..so..I picked MOnday 10.30 am as the very first interview...then I quickly changed my mind and said "can I make it last thing on Tuesday instead as it'd be good to leave a lasting impression"...he said "good strategy, see where you're coming from, but to be honest it makes no difference whether you're first or last as we've been very discerning regarding the amount of interviewees we have and quite frankly I'd prefer to interview you first if you don't mind"..jeeeeeezo..I think this sounds so hopeful! I've now got it in my head that they want to interview me first as I'm the most likely candidate (;)) and then they don't have to concentrate so hard on interviewing anyone else!!!...ha ha

So everyone, fingers and toes crossed for 10.30am on Monday 23rd...ooo...sooooo excited!!

Carol Ann :D

Wow, Carol Ann this sounds perfect, I really have everything crossed for you. I've been applying for jobs from the UK for 14months now, must have applied for about 80 and had acknowledgements from maybe 4!! Didnt expect to get anything before I arrived but today I had an email from the BIG BOSS at a company I really want to work for asking me to phone him at the end of April regarding opportunities he has for me for my arrival!!!!! OH MY GOD. It really does pay to keep going and going, I know its easier from this end just emailing but eventually we all get there.

GOOD LUCK FOR MONDAY, have a drink Sunday night so it helps you sleep:)