painters and decorators!!!

Guest tracynsteve

Guest soggy

im a painter and decorator and have been looking at different web sites for work for a while now, try seek.com.au there is oftern work on there, the best place seems to be the jobs sectiion of the Adelaide messenger, i can't remember the web address but am sure you will find it on google. as for wages some just state award wages this i think is mimimum wage for trade decorators award is about AUD 650 for basic week (im not 100% on this), in the messenger i have seen jobs that offer AUD 250 a day, this seems better.

i have passed my Trade Recogniton Australia and have South Australian sponsorship just finishing my visa application, if you think i can help just shout.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

Lots and lots of painters and decoraters coming over in next few months so you should have some answering this from experience before long :o

Lisa:cool:

Guest tracynsteve

Hi soggy,you Said You've Done Your Tra.have You A City And Guilds Certificute?also What Visa Are You Going On?we're Going On 495 Provisional.thanks.

Hi All,

My Husband is a painter & decorator and we are hoping to go out towards the end of the year. any advise please ask and if i can help no problem.

we are going on a SIR 495 visa and have just got acknowledgement so we are on the waiting train again for them to tell us to go for our medicals.

TRA Sent: 19-12-06, app 30-01-07

sponsorship sent: 07-02-07, app 05-04-07

visa rec. 24-04-07, acknowledged 22-06-07

thanks

Tina & Mark

Guest tracynsteve

hi tina,does your husband have a city and guilds certificite?we are just sorting the references for the tra.which state are you going to?thanks.tracy.

Hi tracey,

Yes he has city & guilds and our agent made us go so in depth with our references he had to go back to employers 20 years ago for his apprenticeship reference and then to all the other companies he had worked for.

absolute nightmare but fantastic achievement when we got it passed first time so all the hard work was worthwhile in the end.

tina

Hi Tracey,

sorry forgot the other question.

we are going to adelaide as our agent said this state is bigger and includes adelaide as a place where he can work.

we are looking at the south suburbs to live but we have said it all depends on where mark works so that could change too.

tina

Guest soggy

Hi Tracey, i dont have city & guilds, i have 20 years experience, i made sure my references included all of the duties requied of a painter and decorator in Australia that you will find on the skilled occupation list,( with the exception of mixing colours with pigment). I had one reference from my current employer 9 years, and one reference from a site manager that said i had worked on his sites on a regular basis for 8 years before, between them they covered all the duties required. I also included a cv that had more details of my work history and other duties, including things such as understanding specifications, dealing with customers, surveyers ect. As i spent a lot of time selfemployed as a subcontractor i included a statuary declaration letter stating the companies i worked for so all dates were covered and that i was unable to trace the companies, my second reference colabarated some of this. I passed my TRA and they did not contact the people who gave me references.

hope this helps

Simon

Guest tracynsteve

hi simon,thanks for that.my husband has a city and guilds,but just me stressing.he has 10 years experiances,so hopefully be ok.we want to go so much.we're using an agent who being brilliant.thanks again.i'm sure this will not be the last time we speak.tracy and steve.

• 4 months later...
Guest griffs 06
im a painter and decorator and have been looking at different web sites for work for a while now, try seek.com.au there is oftern work on there, the best place seems to be the jobs sectiion of the Adelaide messenger, i can't remember the web address but am sure you will find it on google. as for wages some just state award wages this i think is mimimum wage for trade decorators award is about AUD 650 for basic week (im not 100% on this), in the messenger i have seen jobs that offer AUD 250 a day, this seems better.

i have passed my Trade Recogniton Australia and have South Australian sponsorship just finishing my visa application, if you think i can help just shout.

Simon

Hi I am teresa & living in adelaide have been for the past year, & loving it. My husband is a painter & decorater & he has over 20 years exp. He was self employed back in uk for that time too. He had the job before me got here got number from yellow pages au ring him sent email & was within work two weeks of being here, can give you number but not sure if need anyone, but phone call will not hurt. We live in the north east and he will try to keep you to the north and the city which is only 20 mins from us, this is his number AJBlunt boss name is tony (08) 8221 5919, if you want to see his web site go to yellow pages au put in painter & decoraters in first box then next adelaide cbd sa, & it will be the second one down have a look. He has been very good to my husband then is a sup called denis he is great and very fair. Well have a look and see what you think.

teresa

Hi I am teresa & living in adelaide have been for the past year, & loving it. My husband is a painter & decorater & he has over 20 years exp. He was self employed back in uk for that time too. He had the job before me got here got number from yellow pages au ring him sent email & was within work two weeks of being here, can give you number but not sure if need anyone, but phone call will not hurt. We live in the north east and he will try to keep you to the north and the city which is only 20 mins from us, this is his number AJBlunt boss name is tony (08) 8221 5919, if you want to see his web site go to yellow pages au put in painter & decoraters in first box then next adelaide cbd sa, & it will be the second one down have a look. He has been very good to my husband then is a sup called denis he is great and very fair. Well have a look and see what you think.

teresa

Thanks Teresa,

I will have a look at the web site, as the visas have slowed down a bit it will proberly be next year before we get there now but will want to start work asap, does he work north and south? I dont know where I will end up yet.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...