A/C, refrigeration engineers

jim&nik

Hi.

Just joined poms in adelaide. Have been a member on poms in OZ since october 08

Early stages of visa application for 175 (refrigeration air con engineer). Married with 2 children age 12 & 7. would like any info on applying for jobs, working conditions, pay and what to expect etc

JIM:jimlad:

Guest The Hadleys

Hi Jim

If you are coming thinking you will walk straight into a job as an air con Engineer, you will need to have licenses to operate , a bit of a nightmare. We have been 12 weeks, my hubby is working in his trade but has had to be taken on as a trainee, although he has over 20 years experience and ran a business in the Uk for 10 years, apparently the TRA reckon he is not experienced enough. But it is possible to obtain the so called licenses. We are loving our life here, best thing we have ever done.

Dawn

• 1 month later...

Hi Hadleys

Thanks for the info. Vetassess next month and pratical assessment. then its just a waiting game. Have been told about the licence has your husband got his yet and how long did it take for him to get. But as you say you can work as a trades assistance but for how long before you can apply.

Cheers jim:jimlad:

ENVIOUS

Guest The Hadleys

Hi both

He has just applied again but this time through a training board called Peer, so fingers crossed. Good luck with yours hope all goes well.

Dawn

Guest scottster

Hi

in the process of visa ap have my tra back, looked in the forum at jobs and finding it a little worrying , all the people who cant get jobs . i am a refrigeration engineer with over 20 years but judging by what i am reading this brings no guarantees am i worrying for nothing or is there problems for us poms, I am under no illusions the grass is grenner but I know the sky is a damsight bluer !! also for anyone interested Liverpool have just trashed united 4-1 I am devastated:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Scottster

At the moment the grass does not iook green anywhere but your right the sky is bluer. I'm just going to sit tight and wait to see what happens. Seems like my visa will take a little longer to process now its not on the csl list. Maybe then things may have picked up. How far along are you to get a visa or are you going out on a WHV.

Guest The Hadleys
Hadleys

how you finding it at the moment reading some of the theads on poms in OZ things are getting a bit tight all around for work and for a PR. Hope all ok

Hi

Funny enough have heard from the TRA today, it looks like my hubby is not going to get his license on the grounds he has not much experience on chillers for 7 years or more which is absolutely ludicrous, he has been in the business for over 20 years he has been advising lads where he works now and these people have licenses. so cheesed off today I actually wished we hadn't have bothered coming here, its one step forward and two back. Sorry to be negative.

Is the blue sky worth being knocked back. Hope all goes well with you.

Dawn