youth worker

Guest kellyjamie

Guest brandyslad

Hi there,

I did my skills assessment as a Community Worker. He may find this useful.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560267&highlight=youth+work

I contacted a couple of organisations and got some positive responses and from looking at jobs they have the same approach and way of working that we do over here in that sector. I did my Further Education Teaching Cert in Youth Work but in my current post I work with Community groups and adults with learning disabilities.

I worried at the start that I would not get a good job and while I do realise it is competitive and harder for us as migrants I have seen some very interesting posts advertised. I will probably be better of choice wise over there as we live in a rural area at the moment and jobs opps are severely limited, I see lots of posts in Belfast but it is too far so I am hoping by being a bit nearer an urban hub like Adelaide it will make things easier!

Guest kellyjamie

thanks for that, i see you have gone for state sponsorship, can i ask how easy you have found it and also what costs you have found so far? im just about to check out the cost for this visa, many thanks

Guest brandyslad
thanks for that, i see you have gone for state sponsorship, can i ask how easy you have found it and also what costs you have found so far? im just about to check out the cost for this visa, many thanks

The skills assessment was grand, make sure all docs are certified for it. It was around $300.

The sponsorship is a bit trickier in that there are no set guidelines as to what they are looking for, and from reading on here different people have put different things. I listed how I had searched for jobs and also that I contacted employers and I included the responses I had got. I sent a reference letter from my employer and the CV was 8 pages long so very detailed. I talked about areas etc and why we though we could live there. The Halifax signed the financial doc, we needed to show we had $30,000 for the two of us, $10,000 needs to be in cash. The Halifax did not look into this at all, the girl just signed it. The sponsorship bit is free.

The visa is $2105. We didn't have to do an english test, we had enough points without it.