Any massage/holistic massage therapists out there- advice needed!

Guest The Pottertons

Guest The Pottertons

Hi All, Im planning on beginning a diploma in holistic massage therapy and have been trying to find whether it will be acknowledged in Oz. Does it depend on training hours and syllabus or on a particular assessing body that they will acknowledge? Im hoping to do the course with the Massage Training Institute. Will that matter or will the fact i have a diploma be enough? Any advice would be great. Have sent an email to australias professional governing body of holistics but no answer yet!!!!!! Frustrating!!! Thanks Yvonne xx

• 6 months later...
Guest surhythms

Hi Yvonne

we are at the beginning of our visa process and I am getting an educational assessment done. I have 3 diploma in massage reflexology and aromatherapy. They are all ITEC - which I thought was internationally recognised!! APPARENTLY NOT.So in order to get my skills recognised I need to do a NOOSR assessment BEFORE i do a Vetassess. Anyway I think whatever course you do it must meet the AQF standards, however the AQF website wont give you a breakdown and it just gives general information on different quals. If I were you I would wait until you get over to Oz to do your qualification and go to a college that has AQF recognition. That way you will be able to join an association automatically.

Cheers

Suzanne

• 1 year later...
Guest littlem

Hi I know this thread was from 2009, but wondered how you were getting on. Have you got to Oz and are you working in the massage field.

We have just got ss for Adelaide and now cat2 so hope to be out there in the next 12 months. I have been looking at massage in Oz and keep seeing people ask for provider registration. I think this is to do with some form of private medical but not sure. I too am ITEC for massage, aromatherapy reflex etc. Any ideas?

Michelle

I have also just seen your other post on the subject, where did you go to get your qualifications assessed and was it difficult to do.

Sorry for all the questions. x

Hi Yvonne

we are at the beginning of our visa process and I am getting an educational assessment done. I have 3 diploma in massage reflexology and aromatherapy. They are all ITEC - which I thought was internationally recognised!! APPARENTLY NOT.So in order to get my skills recognised I need to do a NOOSR assessment BEFORE i do a Vetassess. Anyway I think whatever course you do it must meet the AQF standards, however the AQF website wont give you a breakdown and it just gives general information on different quals. If I were you I would wait until you get over to Oz to do your qualification and go to a college that has AQF recognition. That way you will be able to join an association automatically.

Cheers

Suzanne