South Australian Construction Card (OH&S)

Guest andy&jill

Guest andy&jill

Hi, Has anyone had to get one of these South Australian Construction Card (OH&S) its one of the three licences i have to get for my job in telecomms, any idea of costs for this and were to you get in done.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Are you in Aus already? We are hoping to go at the end of the year (subject to visa of course). My husband is a fibre optic engineer and we are aware he has to do a course and get licences but haven't got as far as checking them out yet.

If you could share any info it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tina

Hi, Has anyone had to get one of these South Australian Construction Card (OH&S) its one of the three licences i have to get for my job in telecomms, any idea of costs for this and were to you get in done.

Thanks

Andy

Not sure which ones you refer to but to work on any construction sites you must have a white card which is basically an induction course, very basic and only involves 6hrs sitting and listening to some guy talking. Done mine at the Master Builders Assoc. on South Terrace, not sure of costs as firm paid. Suggest looking on MBA web site, should give you idea of costs.

Guest andy&jill

Not there yet, got visa's stuck in passports ready to go, just cant flog the house, had a job offer (subject to tech interview) not sure for fibre obtic work, im a fibre optic jointer too, but work in the moblile telecomms now though

Andy

Give our company a call when you arrive its is called BJM Engineering we work in electrical, data (ie Systemax, cat 6,5e etc, and Telecomms NEC, Voip etc. 08 8362 7000.

We may have jobs on offer.

Guest andy&jill
Give our company a call when you arrive its is called BJM Engineering we work in electrical, data (ie Systemax, cat 6,5e etc, and Telecomms NEC, Voip etc. 08 8362 7000.

We may have jobs on offer.

Hi thanks for that, i can always email you my cv if thats any good, the other 2 licences i need are Working at Heights and RF Awareness, i have these in the uk its whether companies will recognise them in adelaide.

Do you have a web site i can have a look at?

Thanks

Andy

• 2 years later...
Guest chocomoonstar

Hi Andy,

white card in Australia, as we all know is compulsory for you to be able to work in construction sites. There will be a penalty both for you and the employer of you violate these rules.

Previously, these cards were different for just about each state! There was the Blue Card in Queensland, the Red Card in Victoria, the Green Card in Perth, a White Card in NSW, and so on!

For more information about this, check out there site,

-White Card Tasmania

google bluedog training and you can sit your white card onlin costs about 80 bucks and takes about 2 hours basic common sense and you cant fail, I did it 1st day I arrived and was on site within a week. Maybe you can do it in the uk and get the card sent there. Hope this helps