Mental Health Nurse needs job

Guest Mark & Tracy W

Guest Mark & Tracy W

Hi All

Moving to adelaide hopefully in May (been waiting for 175 Visa and NBSA registration since Aug 08...sigh :sad:). Both my wife and I are psychiatric nurses with Working age Adult Inpatient experience .

Does anyone local know of any areas that are in need of psychiatric nurses? :idea:

Mark & Tracy

we are psych nurses too. every area in Adelaide is looking for RMNs do you like inpatient or community??? any ideas where you are living cos there are hospitals in each area. In the East it is the Royal Adelaide hospital, the ward being C3, in the west it is Cramond Clinic at the Queen Elizabeth, In the North it is the Lyell Mckewin, ward 1G and in the south it is Margaret Tobin at Flinders hospital. or there is Nasansb agency which would be my recommendaation so you can work all the sites and find one that suits you!

take care

Si (44) caroll (42)

Guest Mark & Tracy W

I have considered the agency route which would actually suit me until I get fully settled in but a job offer may help push my visa application along a bit quicker. Its kind of crazy that we are just sitting in a rented holiday shack ready to go whenever we hear we've got the visa even though RMNs are is such short supply throughout all Aus? C'est la vie. ;)

I will be living with relatives in Hope Forest about 60km from Adelaide.

My background includes, Inpatient drug & alcohol, Inpatient Adult Acute (18-65), and Inpatient mother & baby. I have worked day shifts and night shifts. Would consider community as well.

I guess i will email my CV, professional references, and skills assessment to all the hospitals in Adelaide. My NBSA registration should be through soon too. :idea:

Thanks for the help guys.

nasansb or nursing agency australia do sponsor, also look online for central Northern adelaide health service, they cover, east, west, north adelaide. and also womens and childrens hospital adelaide, they cover CAHMS and mum n baby. then southern adelaide health service too. they are the main 4 that you can contact. hope this helps

Si n Caroll

Guest Mark & Tracy W
where you are then in Hope forest i would suggest either Nasansb agency or southern adelaide health service. good luck

Meadows Road...will be out hopefully in a couple of months. Just waiting for the visa. Will be staying with parents for the first 3 months then hopefully renting a place nearby, possibly Mount Compass.