NVQ 2 in child care

Help!!!

Been trying to get my NVQ2 changed over but cant find anyone to help. Was half way throught my NVQ 3 in Uk so wanted to finish that off here but cant until I've got the level 2 changed over.

TAFE have been no help and I think I have phoned everyone in Australia lol.

Has anyone else changer the NVQ 2 over?? If so haw did you do it.

Big thank you

Tina xx

Guest Jo&Phil

Your NVQ2 is close to a Certificate 3 level ......... the issue is that certificate (and diplomas) have national core requirements.

Do you have your NVQ2 statement which lists all the subjects you did? If you do ...this will help with equivalency. If you don't ... can you get it from your old college? If you can, get all the evidence of what each subject entailed in terms of what you studied, assessments etc. All this will help 'prove' your competency and equivalent skills.

TAFE will help - once you're here. ... I'm assuming you aren't here yet. If you are PM me and I'll find you someone nice at TAFE in childcare to assist. If you're applying for a TAFE course (or with another registered training organisation - RTO) they will need to see exactly what you've studied.

I don't teach in this area but generally any RTO will look at what you have studied and try and match it against their qualifications. There will - undoubtedly - be a cost.

Just remembered ...........sorry, it's Monday and brain fade already setting Skills Recognition Services .......... srs@saugov.sa.gov.au ...... they should be able to help equate your NVQ2 to relevant Aussie qualifications.

have tried them and they will only deal with NVQ3 .

Thanks for all your help have PM you xxx

Have read all that thread thanks and have phoned Curries st but they coundn't help but thanks anyway xxx