Nurses! how easy was it to get a job?

Guest northernstar200

Guest northernstar200

Hi there. I have apllied for my 175 on 1st of jan 2009, and am wondering how easy it has been for nurses to get a job.

Ando also, have people had a job secured before they fly out there, or found a job afterwards?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Tracy x

Hi Tracey,

I'd check with the SA board of nurses 1st because i've been enquiring about jobs and have been told that the SA board have to verify and assess yor qualifications first - costs about $400, this takes between 4 - 6 months then you have to register with the equivalant to the NMC in SA which costs more.

There are plenty of jobs, but i'd get all your things sorted before you go, or you could be out of work for a good few months while your waiting for your qualifications to be assessed.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Bev :goofy:

Guest northernstar200

Hi thats what my plan was to do, as in get there check out the place, and then decide where is best to work, but i didn't know if this was a good plan, or just crazy.

Thans for the reply by the way, i am really glad there is such websites where people can chat and find out useful info.

Tracy x

Guest northernstar200

Hi there, thanks for your reply, i have had all my skills assessed already, and have also applied to the nursing board of south australia, but still haven't got a job, it seems like a never ending job of paying out money fo this and that, and the waiting game is awful. But i am sure one day i will get there.

Tracy x

That's good to know Tracey. I'm just in the process of applying to get my skills assessed. How much did they charge you for that and how long did you have to wait/ Have you looked on careerone.com.au, i've seen lots of nursing jobs on there. I work in general practice and have been in touch with the southern division of general practice, they've been helpful.

Bev

Guest northernstar200

Hi there. Thanks again for your reply, to get my skills assessed i think it was around £300, and then just 20 Australian dollars to register with the nursing board of south Australia. I also had to pay £30 for the nmc to verify my qualifications with aus. Hope this info helps.

Tracy z