Any one want to quote for a website?

I am looking at the possibilty of starting a new project, want to know how much it will cost for someone to design a website for me that incorporates a forum. Website will have most pages only visible to registered users, but with a couple of 'public' pages too.

Meant to attempt it myself, but never seem to have the time/concentration, so looking at the option of paying someone and there seem to be a lot of computer folk on here.

It has been suggested to me that a CMS would be the way to go as I would want to update the contact daily probably.

To give me a price or for any more info, drop me a pm

Rachel

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Rachel,

Maybe you could send a PM to dglamoore she was a previous moderator on this site and runs the Adelaidebound website.

There are a couple of Forum scripts that you can use PIA uses http://www.vbadvanced.com/ which is very good and another is http://www.simplemachines.org/ which is the one I use for my site. I you do a DIY job I would recommend microsoft Front Page as a good programme, another is Dream Weaver but I've never used that one.

Martin

Guest Libby1971

We have a temp IT bloke who has come in to manage everything while the other chap is on his hols. This new bloke runs a business designing websites so if it is ok, I could give him your number or get his details and pass them on.

Guest Fancy a Beer
Hi Rachel,

Maybe you could send a PM to dglamoore she was a previous moderator on this site and runs the Adelaidebound website.

Highly recommend dglamoore she did a fantastic job for us at a really reasonable price!! She also did one for a mate of mine who was really pleased to!!

Yep Libby - get me his details - the more options the better at this stage - finding prices vary greatly, and whether the person understands what I want is another thing too! :biglaugh:

I did contact dglamoore before I posted this, I do like her portfolio, and she seems very good value, but she is not able to do what I am after, she is unable to do the forum bit, plus I need to be able to manage/edit it daily.

Guest Guest75
Hi Rachel,

our very own PIA member Carol ann Hannah or Rockpool Crab as she is known on here, is a dab hand on the computer and can create websites. Send her a PM.

Cx

I recommend Carol as well - good lass and fairly new here so nice to give her some support!!!:D

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Martin.

Use Frontpage, ur having a laugh :)) .

Studio 8 (dreamweaver and flash) is a lot eaiser but still inserts loads of crap useless code so i would recommend programming and designing from scratch or get a template off the net but like most forum sites they all pretty much look and feel the same.

From someone who's been constucting, designing and producing websites for over 10 years, i wouldnt touch frontpage with a bargepole.

Highly recommend dglamoore she did a fantastic job for us at a really reasonable price!! She also did one for a mate of mine who was really pleased to!!

I'd agree! Lisa maintains my website and she does a fantastic job.

Judi x

Guest Martin and Val
G'day Martin.

Use Frontpage, ur having a laugh :)) .

Studio 8 (dreamweaver and flash) is a lot eaiser but still inserts loads of crap useless code so i would recommend programming and designing from scratch or get a template off the net but like most forum sites they all pretty much look and feel the same.

From someone who's been constucting, designing and producing websites for over 10 years, i wouldnt touch frontpage with a bargepole.

No Matt I'm not having a laugh, each to their own mate. Front page is a fantastic bit of kit and works very well.

And I would touch it with any kind of pole!

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

Cornelia got back to me about this...my apologies for replying sooner. I tried to PM you but it says you're full :-(

Feel free to PM me as I've finally took off the part that says from "friends and contacts" only..doh.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
I recommend Carol as well - good lass and fairly new here so nice to give her some support!!!:D

Awww..shux...cheers tyke!

Appeciate that mate.

Must pop round to the tackle folk on Beach Road, forgot completely how to tie loop knots ..grrrr..lol.

Catch ya later

Carol Ann

Guest Guest75
Awww..shux...cheers tyke!

Appeciate that mate.

Must pop round to the tackle folk on Beach Road, forgot completely how to tie loop knots ..grrrr..lol.

Catch ya later

Carol Ann

Here ya go - good sites for knots......

http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

Guest Hatters04

Hi Rachel,

Try these guys http://www.webfirm.com.au, although based in Perth i believe they are now part of a national company.

They designed my website which has an excellent CMS that gives you total control over the content. I've been very happy with them so it may be worth contacting.

Ian

Guest andrew_obrien

Have you tried Joomla as a CMS i design websites using this and is a great piece of kit and is very well supported. I'd be willing to point you in the right direction on how to use it for free of course. Just PM me