Certain it's been asked before!

Guest Martin and Val

New board for Jobs and Business adverts?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. New board for Jobs and Business adverts?

• Yes Please Tim.
    • No Thanks Tim.

Guest Martin and Val

Question for Tim,

Recently many members have had issues with work. And some have decided that starting a new business venture is the route to take.

The Forum has rules about advertising which have been brought up in the past so I wonder if Tim, the owner and Administrator would be willing to add an entirely new topic board?

Somewhere that members (After a certain qualifying period of membership) can advertise their business and another where members can add job opportunities when they hear about them.

No comments allowed on the boards as that can lead to some kind of slanging match at times, just simple job and business adverts.

An opportunity to help each other out, which has been suggested in the past.

Well what do you think Tim?

Kind regards

Martin

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi Martin

I think it's a good idea. If there was a separate section then people can choose to look or not, but like you say, helping each other out.

Guest sandar1

Tim, not sure where to post this but I think that there may be a virus in the system, I am unable to remove myself from a thread, and I have had about 20 messages pop up on the screen this morning from quite a while ago.

Thanks.

Sandra

Tim, not sure where to post this but I think that there may be a virus in the system, I am unable to remove myself from a thread, and I have had about 20 messages pop up on the screen this morning from quite a while ago.

Thanks.

Sandra

Ohhh - I don't think they'll be a virus coming from PiA. Can I suggest trying to run one of the free virus killers such as AVG and see what happens?

Looks like I'll be setting up a new forum! What I may do is make it premoderated. This way all Threads are approved before thay are made public? That way it can keep the genuine away from any potential spam etc? How does that sound?

Tim

Ohhh -

Looks like I'll be setting up a new forum! What I may do is make it premoderated. This way all Threads are approved before thay are made public? That way it can keep the genuine away from any potential spam etc? How does that sound?

Tim

That sounds wonderful, I could have done with this side of things when I first arrived and more so now as a business owner like many of my fellow PIA members.

Look forward to seeing the end result.

:notworthy:

Guest Martin and Val

Tim

Hi Tim,

Sounds great and thank you for taking this on board I had thought of starting a forum up just for this purpose but to be honest this is the best place for it, here on PIA.

Thank you

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockpool crab
Hi Guys,

Sorry a bit lat but I got the hint! :-) - Its now here:- http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Let me know if the name should be changed.

Tim

Wooooot...all chuffed to be the first to post..yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa.

Think it's a fab way of getting all our talents out into the open..as well as ligitimate businesses of course.

Happy days!

Carol Ann

Guest Martin and Val
Hi Guys,

Sorry a bit lat but I got the hint! :-) - Its now here:- http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Let me know if the name should be changed.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for this, now maybe people can advertise and help each other out. If I need anything from now on I will look here first to see if another member can offer exactly what I need.

Cheers

Martin

Carol Ann, sorry I don't need any paintings but if I ever do I'll know where to come, good luck.

Martin

Guest rockpool crab
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for this, now maybe people can advertise and help each other out. If I need anything from now on I will look here first to see if another member can offer exactly what I need.

Cheers

Martin

Carol Ann, sorry I don't need any paintings but if I ever do I'll know where to come, good luck.

Martin

OMG..I was so excited about this new forum I forgot to thank TIM...echoing Martin and Val's thanks. Wooot...cheers Tim!