PE Teaching in Adelaide

Guest susanh

Guest susanh

I have read some other posts regarding teaching, but since the economic "downturn" I'm not sure if the advice still applies.

My ex has been offered a job in Adelaide and would like me to go (with our child) and i would love to go.

Although I may be able to get a visa I'm worried about my prospects in teaching.

I'm a PE Teacher, although can teach in Special Needs and Secure Schools. Been teaching 14 years.

I don't mind doing supply work so long as there is enough to keep me going.

Can anyone tell me if the picture is bright or is there a huge possibility i will be jobless?

Many thanks in advance,

Susan

Guest Libby1971

I'm a High School Teacher. Within Adelaide, teachers who are qualified and willing to teach special needs can quickly get work. A friend of mine arrived in December and has been working regularly part time over the last few weeks, has had a few interviews and has a 5 week contract so far for next term. Now in itself, it may not sound much but this is not the busiest time of the year.

Secure schools do not find it easy to attract staff by the very nature of what they do. Relief teachers are hard to find much less more long term positions. If you are willing to teach in those environments, I believe you would get some short term work at the very least quite soon and then get an Aussie reference.

PE is a popular area area here. Have a look on www.careerone.com.au or www.teachers.on.net or have a look at the Catholic Education jobsite http://web.ceo.adl.catholic.edu.au/PositionVacant/asp/VacancySearch.asp

Good luck