Telephone interview - Ashford hospital

Guest heather&dean

Guest heather&dean

Hello all

I have got a telephone interview on Monday morning for staff nurse position at Ashford hospital in their ICU/CCU. As anyone had a telephone interview? what questions can I expect to be asked etc? I'm really nervous, never had a telephone interview before.... any advice would be much appreciated :wideeyed:. (We're going out on a 176 visa).

Thanks, Heather

Guest batleys

Hi

Yes i had a telephone interview it was a bit strange but actually good. They ask you why you want to move and work in australia. ask you about yourself and your past experience and roles and responsiblities. and just a general chat which they lead you. This was actually better than a face to face they were more than one person asking me questions just like a normal interview. i think you will be fine they only want to know what type of person you are. they also asked me how many patients i care for they were a bit shocked when i said 14 to 18 as when i go to adelaide QEH i will only take 4 patients. if you need any more info drop me a line

chris and lucy batley

Just to add is a 176 a sponsored visa (they have all changed their names since we applied?!!!) or can you work anywhere?? If working anywhere is an option, have you thought of waiting until you get here? You will get work no problems. Hubby has worked at all of the hospitals except Lyle Mc doing agency - will get him to fill you in on his experiences. His FT job is Wakefield and he loves it, its cardiothoracic ICU. Drop Ozzieclare2be a pm too - she left Ashford recently, think she worked HDU.

Guest sandar1

Two new jobs I have seen advertised this week.

Billy Baxters at Citi Cross is looking for a new team member just up the top of the elevator.

Good Time (think it is that name or if not Good Life) Pizza on Hutt street are looking for staff.

Hope someone is interested

Sandra

Guest sandar1

I am sure you will be fine with Ashford here that they are desperate for staff, interviews here can be quite uncomfortable face to face, but by phone tend to be a little more relaxed.

All the best, let us know how you go.

Sandra

Guest heather&dean
My hubby had a telephone interview for an ICU job but he's in bed at the moment having been on nights. I will ask him to post when he gets up. I work at Ashford but not on ICU.

Lindsey

I'll be interested to hear from your hubby, because my interview is also for ICU. Are you enjoying working at Ashford? Heather

Guest heather&dean
Just to add is a 176 a sponsored visa (they have all changed their names since we applied?!!!) or can you work anywhere?? If working anywhere is an option, have you thought of waiting until you get here? You will get work no problems. Hubby has worked at all of the hospitals except Lyle Mc doing agency - will get him to fill you in on his experiences. His FT job is Wakefield and he loves it, its cardiothoracic ICU. Drop Ozzieclare2be a pm too - she left Ashford recently, think she worked HDU.

I work in cardiothoracic ICU in Cambridge and also love my job, so hopefully work will be the same in Oz. 176 is a government sponsorship visa and yes I will be able to work anywhere, but would like to secure a job before we come out, mainly because I think I may get visa processed quicker. I'm not sure if this is the case or not??

Guest heather&dean
Hi

Yes i had a telephone interview it was a bit strange but actually good. They ask you why you want to move and work in australia. ask you about yourself and your past experience and roles and responsiblities. and just a general chat which they lead you. This was actually better than a face to face they were more than one person asking me questions just like a normal interview. i think you will be fine they only want to know what type of person you are. they also asked me how many patients i care for they were a bit shocked when i said 14 to 18 as when i go to adelaide QEH i will only take 4 patients. if you need any more info drop me a line

chris and lucy batley

Thank you very much for info. I will let you know how it goes. Heather

have you got icu/ccu experience/ if so dont worry they will want you, you tained in uk enough said, icu are desperate for staff there i used to work there. Uk nurses are well thought off its not a worry, I had a telephone interview for hdu was more of an informal chat with a few clinical questions thrown in which if you know your stuff you will be fine.:D

pm'ed you btw with more info