Better late than never, but Deb did get the job she wanted after all.

Guest Deb17

Guest Deb17

Now, I haven't been back on here since the last occasion when things got so heated and silly yet again and I doubt I'll ever spend much time on here again. I guess I just wanted to say 'Hi' to all the kind, genuinely helpful people whose messages of support I might have missed and perhaps give a modicum of hope to those people still struggling to find work...because...

I have just finished my second proper week at work and wanted to finally say to all the knockers and mockers out there, and you know who you are people, that I did manage, after almost three years to find A JOB. :D

It's not in teaching, it's not well-paid, it involves a lot of talking to people and having empathy for their problems and life experiences, but it is permanent part-time, with hours to suit me, with paid holiday and sick leave, and I applied for the job all on my own, was panel interviewed and got the position on merit, qualifications and life experience, not because of who I knew, or who I brown-nosed to either. :mad: The best thing about the situation is knowing I am going to get free workplace training to obtain Cert IV in my chosen field, and also knowing I didn't have to sacrifice my own personal integrity or lower my sights because other people thought I should just to get an Australian referee for my CV. :arghh: In short, Deb is quite content, thanks the people who have done their best to support and give hope and inspiration to her through the darkest period in her life, and will now bid you all adieu, before she retreats gracefully back into her knothole in the skirting board.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, for lending me your ears.:cute:

Guest cunnah10
Now, I haven't been back on here since the last occasion when things got so heated and silly yet again and I doubt I'll ever spend much time on here again. I guess I just wanted to say 'Hi' to all the kind, genuinely helpful people whose messages of support I might have missed and perhaps give a modicum of hope to those people still struggling to find work...because...

I have just finished my second proper week at work and wanted to finally say to all the knockers and mockers out there, and you know who you are people, that I did manage, after almost three years to find A JOB. :D

It's not in teaching, it's not well-paid, it involves a lot of talking to people and having empathy for their problems and life experiences, but it is permanent part-time, with hours to suit me, with paid holiday and sick leave, and I applied for the job all on my own, was panel interviewed and got the position on merit, qualifications and life experience, not because of who I knew, or who I brown-nosed to either. :mad: The best thing about the situation is knowing I am going to get free workplace training to obtain Cert IV in my chosen field, and also knowing I didn't have to sacrifice my own personal integrity or lower my sights because other people thought I should just to get an Australian referee for my CV. :arghh: In short, Deb is quite content, thanks the people who have done their best to support and give hope and inspiration to her through the darkest period in her life, and will now bid you all adieu, before she retreats gracefully back into her knothole in the skirting board.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, for lending me your ears.:cute:

WELL DONE ....you clever girl!!

xxxx

Guest caoimhe
The best thing about the situation is knowing I didn't have to sacrifice my own personal integrity or lower my sights because other people thought I should just to get an Australian referee for my CV. :arghh:

You are lucky that after 3 years you got a job without having to sacrifice you own personal integrity or lowing your sights just because other people thought you should just to get an Australian referee for your CV, unfortunately we had no choice but to suck it up and get some money coming in as we have 4 kids to feed.

Guest Libby1971

Deb, I don't like the way your post sounds as though you are sneering at people.

PIA members tried to give you advice twice before when you complained that you couldn't get a job after an extended period of time. On both occasions, members suggested that the quickest way forward might be to get any kind of job in order to get some experience within Australia. I am honestly really pleased that you have been able to get a job. For many however, three years is far too long to wait to get a job and I think you were lucky in that you could afford to be choosy. I don't think you are the only one with principles or integrity. Others just have a more pressing need to get food on the table and are more prepared to do what they have to in order to provide for their family. The part of your post I object to the most is the part where you talk about being able to get the job without brown nosing to anyone. For me, that just feels/ sounds like a kick in the teeth for everyone and anyone who has had to swallow their pride.

The entire post sounds sarcastic and rude, and more than a little unnecessary given your often short fuse with anyone who is less than perfect (remember the spelling comment?) I genuinely wish you all the best but feel you could have made a post with more grace.

Guest caoimhe
Deb, I don't like the way your post sounds as though you are sneering at people.

PIA members tried to give you advice twice before when you complained that you couldn't get a job after an extended period of time. On both occasions, members suggested that the quickest way forward might be to get any kind of job in order to get some experience within Australia. I am honestly really pleased that you have been able to get a job. For many however, three years is far too long to wait to get a job and I think you were lucky in that you could afford to be choosy. I don't think you are the only one with principles or integrity. Others just have a more pressing need to get food on the table and are more prepared to do what they have to in order to provide for their family. The part of your post I object to the most is the part where you talk about being able to get the job without brown nosing to anyone. For me, that just feels/ sounds like a kick in the teeth for everyone and anyone who has had to swallow their pride.

The entire post sounds sarcastic and rude, and more than a little unnecessary given your often short fuse with anyone who is less than perfect (remember the spelling comment?) I genuinely wish you all the best but feel you could have made a post with more grace.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:You put into words so much that I couldn't....obviously the teacher training:biglaugh:

Guest Libby1971
Well done Deb and all others who are desperately loooking for work

Thanks for editing your original post which I was in the middle of replying to.

Guest Deb17

I would really like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to those kind souls who have congratulated me and remained open-minded to my posts in the past.

Libby, you have every right to voice your opinion about my posts, but I also have every right to voice mine, as this remains a public forum. In the past I actually think I have refrained from making a direct attack on anyone, although people obviously read into my posts what they want to. If you think my post was sarcastic and rude then I have every right in return to state my opinion that I think your replies to my posts in the past have also been patronising in the extreme. The fact that I said I had been able to get this position without 'brown-nosing' is not a kick in the teeth to people who have had to swallow their pride; it is not meant to be. It is merely stating my position. I have not had the good fortune to be 'choosy' either. I have had to go out and do relief teaching that I hated, (when I could get it!) to put food on the table and we, as a family, have pared our finances down to the bone to survive. But, neither my husband or my children would have said to me once, EVER, that I should sacrifice my principles and make myself unhappy doing a crappy job I hated just so they could afford more 'stuff'. We have survived and lived hand to mouth, on one income for over two years. I think sometimes, you should look at the situations of others in less fortunate states than your own with a little more empathy and understanding.

Deb,congratulations on your new job.I honestly could not think of a better person for the job.

I know the heartache you have faced along the way and the resultant stresses,particularly in recent months and thank god at long last lady luck has shone upon you and your family.

I can empathasise with all you have been through as a result of our own trials and endless traumas here and know the relief you must be feeling.

I wish you continued success and every happiness for the future.

I also hope that people will try and be less judgmental for people who are genuinely struggling and not dismiss them as whingers.

Good Luck to all those looking for work.

Sue

Guest Libby1971

In the past Deb, you said you wouldn't/ couldn't do relief so you'll forgive me if I responded based on information that you had given previously.

I am very much aware that I am lucky in Australia. And you have no idea of how tough we had it for years beforehand, working two jobs full time to make ends meet, relying on collecting vouchers from The Sun in order to take the kids away on holiday, having to ask my father for money to buy the kids presents for Christmas because all our money was going on bills, on more than one occasion only narrowly avoiding losing our home, so you'll forgive me if I don't apologise for the fact that we are doing okay here. We don't live extravagantly, or excessively, I hope, and have a larger than average mortgage for our home. We, just as everyone else who has come, knew there might be difficulties ahead. For some these are much bigger and go on for far longer. I am very well aware of the suffering that some people are going through, and how the uncertainty can lead to all sorts of stress, and deeply feel for them.

I think you missed the part Deb when I said I was pleased for you, you do deserve this job, good luck.

Guest graandjac

I think the above says what we were all thinking .........:realmad:.....................Deb, you've gone and done it again and shot yourself in the foot