Smile The Beano and other home comforts!

I am writing on behalf of my daughter Anna (aged 9) who at the moment has a subscription to The Beano and the one thing that she keeps asking me is 'do they have The Beano in Australia?'. I have looked at the front of the comic and they do show a price for New Zealand so I am assuming that you have it there too? Can anyone let me know what sort of comics/mags/sweets and other English things that you can get or that you all miss and you wait for the Grandparents to bring out or post to you? It is nice to have familiar things around you when you are trying to settle in even if it is only a copy of your fave comic every week!! :v_SPIN: HTH

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Yes you can buy the Beano, pricey as imported. You can get it from large newsagents or get them to order it in for you.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Thankyou! That will cheer someone up a little but believe you me kids comics and magazines cost a small fortune here too even without import costs!! One copy of CBeebies Weekly 1.99 and even The Beano is 1.25 now with The Beano Max costing even more, kids aren't cheap are they??? LOL

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums