i don't know what to do :O

Guest Breadman

Guest Breadman

i'm currently 17 and hopefully moving to adelaide in august, im not sure what to do about my education, would it be bettter to go back a year and go back to school? or wait till im 18 to join the police service as this is a proffesion i am hoping to do.

any help apreciated

cheers :)

Guest alibongo

Hi,

What have you done so far. If you are 17 have you done the 1st year of A levels?

I brought a 16 year old with me who had completed GCSEs and when they got assessed here they were equivalent to the end of the 1st year of SACE -( their equivalent of the 1st year of A levels.or an AS level I guess) My daughter was put back 1/2 an academic year and found it easier here than in the UK.

I guess the important question really is - what is the education requirements of SA police? do they expect you to have SACE exams under your belt. I think it might be prudent to email the education authorities here to see your qualifications equate to and also email the polive force to see what you need to do before you apply

Hope it helps

Good luck for your future

Ali

Guest Kazzarazza
i'm currently 17 and hopefully moving to adelaide in august, im not sure what to do about my education, would it be bettter to go back a year and go back to school? or wait till im 18 to join the police service as this is a proffesion i am hoping to do.

any help apreciated

cheers :)

Hi Breadman,

Here is the link to the "essential requirements" page from the SA Police website. Hope it helps you decide what to do.

http://www.achievemore.com.au/officer/about-you.html

Cheers, Kazza

Guest alibongo

hi

You could try emailing info@saceboard.sa.gov.au to see if they can convert your UK qualifications. Although not sure if they can do it over the internet I had to take my sons certificates in to them. They are in the south end of the city

Worth a go though

Ali

Guest sarahsmartiepants

You can give copies of the gcse certs to the school you choose, they will send them for conversion, It might be worth your while going back to do yr 11 as well as 12 as you might need to check your visa status before deciding on the police I think you have to at least be a permanent resident, some gov type jobs even prefer citizenship also.