Pre-School in Glengowrie/Glenelg area

Guest The Pickles

Guest The Pickles

Hi everyone

We've just secured a long term rental in Glengowrie (yay!), can you recommend a pre-school/kindy for our 4 year old? Looking at a full time place for him eventually.

Any other tips/suggestions would be great!

Many thanks

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (age 4)

Been in Adelaide since 1 July and starting to really like it... :cute:

Guest spannaelephant

Hi, we lived at Holdfast Promenade, Glenelg when we first arrived, and my son eldest son, Zach, went to Dunbar Terrace Kindy............. 38B Dunbar Terrace, Glenelg East, along side the tram tracks up from Jetty Road, if getting the tram, you can either get of at Glenelg East, or Glengowrie. It is a really lovely, friendly kindy, with a great outside area. The lady you need to speek to is Sandy, and the phone number is 8295 3925.

Let me know how you get on, Anna x

Guest The Pickles

Hi Anna

Hopefully we'll get this day care sorted asap so we can finally get jobs, not that easy is it? Are you still in the Glenelg area? Any primary schools you can recommend too as I understand we should also be looking at those too...

Many thanks

Marilyn

Guest thebaddeleys

Hi,

We live in Glenelg noth and Our little boy goes to Badden pattison kindergarten, he loves it there and it was highly recommended to me by many people when we arrived here.

http://www.badenpatkgn.sa.edu.au/

Good luck.

Also if you hear anything about primary schools i'd love to hear it too.

Thanks,

Kerry

Guest The Pickles

After some discussions, it looks like we will have to pay for full time care privately as (if I'm correct) Badden Pattison and Dunbar Terrace are short sessions a day only. Anyone have any experience with private, ABC etc? x

Guest thebaddeleys

Hi yes you are correct they only do part time sessions, my little girl and boy go the ABC in glenelg north just for two days a week and they seem to enjoy it. I wouldn't say its the best nursery/childcare I have ever seen but for us its just down the road and its only two days a week so I don't mind that I don't think its perfect.

I have heard great things about glenelg community childcare- they are privately run and offer full days but they do have a waiting list.

Hope that helps x x xx x

Guest The Pickles

I've been in touch with Glenelg Community Childcare and they have a waiting list until 2010!! Looks like ABC in Glenelg North may have to be the one... as long as our little boy is happy there, so are we!

And I really must call your husband about a 3 mobile/wireless deal... x

Hi yes you are correct they only do part time sessions, my little girl and boy go the ABC in glenelg north just for two days a week and they seem to enjoy it. I wouldn't say its the best nursery/childcare I have ever seen but for us its just down the road and its only two days a week so I don't mind that I don't think its perfect.

I have heard great things about glenelg community childcare- they are privately run and offer full days but they do have a waiting list.

Hope that helps x x xx x

• 1 month later...
Guest rachael,carl

hi,

could anyone tell me how much private nurseries are in glenelg on average per day and also at what age do children start state school/nurserie in australia thanks :-)