uni fees on temp visa

Guest soggy

Guest soggy

Hi,

I have just found out that it's uni application time around now and our daughter wants to go to Flinders. I know we will have to pay international fees until we get PR ($18000 instead of $6000) but I can remember reading a post on here by someone that a uni allowed them to pay in instalments so that if they got PR during the year the later payments would be at a reduced rate. I have tried searching for this post but can't find it, is this normal practice? is it just one uni ? (if so hopefully Flinders) or just a one off arrangement ? or did I just imagine this post in a dream where I did not have to payout $18000 :).

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Simon:)

Guest Jo&Phil

I'm not sure about this ... might be worth ringing or emailing Flinders Uni International Students unit to ask their advice

I was an international student here (an old one!) and you pay by the semester so that means you don't have to fork out the entire fee before you start.