Ballet, Tap and Jazz classes

Guest rowy

My 4 yr old princess enjoys a bit of a dance once a week. Does anyone have little princesses that go to dance classes? If so what area do you live in and is it any good? Not that she takes it too seriously, but she does an hour and half class once a week with a few friends from school. Can anyone help on this one? Penny

Yup, my "princess?!@" also did Ballett back in UK. She now does tap and jazz here in Adelaide. She is 6, initially went back to Ballett, but didn't like the school very much. Now dancing with a different school, which uses the Glengowrie church. Classes most afternoons after school, and on Saturdays too. My little one goes on a saturday morning for an hour of tap and jazz, then comes home and practices in her room, at full volume for about 2 more!! They don't have to practice, and are not told to, she just does, and oh the joys of the tap shoes on wooden floors, with music and singing full belt, along with a hangover........

Thank you very much for that, sounds like she can get up to something over there dance wise at least, esp as apparently you have no TV and no mega Tesco to trawl around on a weekend! (light hearted joke)...Penny

Yes dancing of all types is alive and kicking in Adelaide and if she wants there are competitions a couple of times ayear. Ballet on offer is RAD, Cecchetti, Russian. Tap, Jazz and contemporary, funk, club, etc. There are schools in most areas, some better than others. Some do combo classes for the littlies where they do a bit of everything. Some schools also have Fairies and elves classes or Mummy and me classes for preschoolers.

• 2 months later...

i go to a dance school in hallett cove its been running for two years so its small and evryones knows each other so v friendly. we have young kids daning too. but only offer ballet, hihop, lyrical, jazz jazz salsa and i think fitness. we do shows and some get involved in comps we perform at juevnille diabietes reasearch foundation. where at hallett cove. and we all have a group dance for the end of year show so evryone even the little kids do hiphop or jazzz with us

alecia

i go to a dance school in hallett cove its been running for two years so its small and evryones knows each other so v friendly. we have young kids daning too. but only offer ballet, hihop, lyrical, jazz jazz salsa and i think fitness. we do shows and some get involved in comps we perform at juevnille diabietes reasearch foundation. where at hallett cove. and we all have a group dance for the end of year show so evryone even the little kids do hiphop or jazzz with us

alecia

Hi Alecia

Where in Hallett Cove is the dance class - is this the same as the one above the HC Beach cafe? If so can you give me an idea as to how I can contact the tutors/teachers please? And what duration do the lessons last for?

Many thanks

Odette :)

Yup, my "princess?!@" also did Ballett back in UK. She now does tap and jazz here in Adelaide. She is 6, initially went back to Ballett, but didn't like the school very much. Now dancing with a different school, which uses the Glengowrie church. Classes most afternoons after school, and on Saturdays too. My little one goes on a saturday morning for an hour of tap and jazz, then comes home and practices in her room, at full volume for about 2 more!! They don't have to practice, and are not told to, she just does, and oh the joys of the tap shoes on wooden floors, with music and singing full belt, along with a hangover........

That sounds very good...my eldest daughter (almost 8) is showing natural dance abilities and we're keen to get her into a class now that we're more settled. However she is prone to drifting off into daydreamland - I am keen to find a class that is very focused and structured - would you say your daughter's class is?

Also an idea of cost and duration of lessons would be much appreciated...thanks. :)

yea its the one above the cafe ill advise to join next yr as where in middle of rehersals for jdrf and we got two shows coming up and plus one of our dance teachers is auditioning for so you think you can dance so she will be in melbourne or QLD for a bit and then if she gets through she might not be there.so its all going on and a bit stressful. we have two teachers called jai and elda and the clases go 4 about an hour and half but stuff we do in holidays like fun days last for bout 2 hrs for younger kids. the school email is danza@live.com.au and phone no. 0421162736