Just arrived in Adelaide and looking for schools in NE

Guest Pepparoni

Guest Pepparoni

Hi, our family arrived here this week and as my hubbie is already working I am looking for schools and rentals. Was thinking that the Highbury area looked nice, any thoughts or expats out there.

I have looked at many schools already and am quite keen on Torrens Valley Christian School, does anyone know of this school? Also any pre school groups for my 5 year old who will not start school until Jan - poor thing already finished reception in the UK so is not happy about not going to school with her big sisiter.

Thanks for any thoughts

Hi

I'm in Highbury and we love it here. Anything I can help with, ask away. I don't know anyone with children at the Torrens Valley Christian School, but I will ask around and see what I can find out. I can also highly recommend Highbury Primary, which is a state school - they also have an onsite kindy attached. I will try and organise a girls night out in a few weeks if you fancy coming along to that, keep an eye on the Social section as I'll post details on there. There are several of us around the Highbury area, have you explored Linear Park yet? Great place to walk/cycle with the kids.

Look forward to meetng you.

Diane

Guest salisbury massive

Torrens Valley is a great School. Its well recommended around the North East and you're smallest daughter should be able to attend as its a private school straight away if they have a space. Hope Valley is also a nice area to have a look around and if you can find a place near the reserviour, its lovely there. Also take a look at Tea Tree Gully for housing.

Jo

Guest Pepparoni

Many many thanks. I needed someone who knew it to tell me it was good. My husband and I just revisited Torrens Valley and he really like it, so may just be going that route. seeing a house in Vista tomorrow - all coming together...

Hi

I asked amongst the other soccer mums at the weekend and although no-one had any personal experience of the school, no-one had heard anything bad about it! One suggested you park up near the school at "going home" time, as that gives a good idea of the pupils that are there. I have seen a few of the older ones in the Foodland opposite after school occasionally and they all seem polite and well behaved, even when they are in small groups, so probably as good a recommendation as any! If it feels good to you and your OH, then go with your gut feelings, I'd say!

Are you already staying in the area? If you need any help with where things are, fire away.

Will try and organise a girls night out in a couple of weeks time - we had a girls winery trip to the Barossa just a couple of weeks ago which was great fun, so are probably due another get together around the beginning of September. Actually, just checked the calendar and Wednesday the 9th looking good so will get a post together and put it in the social section. Hope you can make it.

Diane