St Leonard's school, North Glenelg

Guest heather&dean

Guest heather&dean

Hello all

Does anyone have any information on this school? It looks good on their home page and when we spoke to them they were very helpful, but does anyone have children who go there or know of anyone who has/had children there?

Hope someone can help, Heather

Guest Sideways Sally

Hello I am the fool who left the monster post in your other thread LOL!

I have plenty of friends still out that way who have moved their kids from Glenelg to St Leonards and they all rave about it! Other than that there isn't much I can tell you!

Good Luck, make sure you all let us know how you go!

Guest heather&dean

Hi, you're not a fool, I was grateful for your feedback, just wanted a bit more information on St Leonard's. And thanks for the info. I'm going to return my enrolment form today and yes I will definately keep everyone informed about how our son gets on.

I think it would be a really good idea for everyone who has kids to give a bit of feedback on schools.

Thanks againk, Heather

Hello I am the fool who left the monster post in your other thread LOL!

I have plenty of friends still out that way who have moved their kids from Glenelg to St Leonards and they all rave about it! Other than that there isn't much I can tell you!

Good Luck, make sure you all let us know how you go!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mumof2inAdelaide

Hi, don't know if you still want to know about St Leonards but ...

I have a child who started there this year. Absolutely loves it. A very small school but has great parent involvement and a nice family feel about it. Students pretty well know everyone in different grades. Enrollment is around 300 I think. I have seen nothing but well mannered, respectful students in my few terms there this year.

One word of advise though is to check out High Schools in the area before you move in if possible. We are zoned to William Light High School which means we have to attend this school if we want public schooling (private schooling is always an option of course). Problem is it's reputation is not so good! Brighton High was a great reputation and would involve living probably 10 mins drive from St Leonards. If you have the choice, I would recommend Brighton. Area is still nice and there are lots of children at St Leonards who will be going there when they finish.

Anyway, sorry to go on. Hope it helps. I know you posted a while ago but if you need anything else, give me a yell - happy to help.

Guest heather&dean

Thank you so much for your helpful post. Where abouts do you live? I'll be working at an hospital on the A5 so don't want to live too far out. XxX

Hi, don't know if you still want to know about St Leonards but ...

I have a child who started there this year. Absolutely loves it. A very small school but has great parent involvement and a nice family feel about it. Students pretty well know everyone in different grades. Enrollment is around 300 I think. I have seen nothing but well mannered, respectful students in my few terms there this year.

One word of advise though is to check out High Schools in the area before you move in if possible. We are zoned to William Light High School which means we have to attend this school if we want public schooling (private schooling is always an option of course). Problem is it's reputation is not so good! Brighton High was a great reputation and would involve living probably 10 mins drive from St Leonards. If you have the choice, I would recommend Brighton. Area is still nice and there are lots of children at St Leonards who will be going there when they finish.

Anyway, sorry to go on. Hope it helps. I know you posted a while ago but if you need anything else, give me a yell - happy to help.

Guest mumof2inAdelaide

Hi.

I am living in Novar Gardens which is pretty much next to Glenelg. We have about a 10-15 minute walk to school. St Leonards is a lovely small school which means that the majority of children are close and many walk.

Although I am not English myself, there are many in the school already so you will not be lonely there. It seems a popular area to settle to. What areas are you looking at settling? How old are your child/ren?

It really amazes me when I hear of people moving to different countries. I have trouble packing for a weekend away so cannot imagine the details which would be involved.

If you need anything like photos or info, give me a yell and will be happy to help out if I can.