Thinking changing schools to Seaford Primary

Guest Lisado

Hi all

Having found our rental we have realised PN Primary is 10 mins away and Seaford Primary is much closer (literally round the corner). The kids have been accepted for PN and we know its a good school but can anyone tell me what Seaford Primary is like please?

We have a visit on monday

PS - we are loving it here :)

Lisa

Guest katsmajic

Welcome and hope your settling well.

Dawn&Andys kids go there and are happy and settled - its a nice school with loads of ovals - as does PN - good and bad everywhere as everyone knows.

Theres mad magpies that swoop you on the Seaford oval in spring - be careful! :err:

PN is also nice, look round both and see how you feel.

yep our two girls go seaford k-7 and they both are happy in school, the staff are lovely and ive not had any problems or issues since they been there, which is coming upto 18 months, jess is in the school choir and loves that too, they spend plenty time outdoors and lots of good trips the kids love, educational but fun too, all kids different and i guess as a parent you will get a feel for the school when u visit and know if it feels right for your kids, good luck in your decision for me and my girls its worked out well :)

i dont know what age yours are but if you decide to send them there and you want me to mention to the girls when they starting and maybe to say hi to them, might be nice for them to have someone break the ice for them in their first few days, just let me know and i will get the girls to make the effort to welcome them:) my girls are 10 and 11 in years 4 and 5

Dawn x

ohh forgot to say yep watch out for those pesky magpies in spring, i regularly had to dodge them as i walked across to pick the girls up last spring :)

Guest graandjac

:)Can't comment on Seaford , but our two go to Port Noarlunga and we have been very happy with it , the kids have also settled in very well, I guess it all comes down to personal choice. good luck with your decesion

Thats great - thanks. We going to visit schools this week.We have their names down at PN but unless we get a car asap we think be to difficult to drop them off. We really need somewhere with good holiday car for when we get jobs, etc

My kids are 9 and 5 (amelia not happy she has to go back into reception)

Lisa

Guest graandjac
Thats great - thanks. We going to visit schools this week.We have their names down at PN but unless we get a car asap we think be to difficult to drop them off. We really need somewhere with good holiday car for when we get jobs, etc

My kids are 9 and 5 (amelia not happy she has to go back into reception)

Lisa

We also both work and the kids go to OSCH at Port Noarlunga school, the things they do in the holidays are fantastic , trips out, the city, nature walks,zoo trips .....and its included in the price:)

Thanks Graham

Is it $42 per day fo rth eholiday club. We get newsletters from PN all the time - now I'm not sure what to do!

Seaford was great - mile sbetter than the school the kids were in back home and that was a good one!

Will try and get to see PN as well

Lisa

yep our two girls go seaford k-7 and they both are happy in school, the staff are lovely and ive not had any problems or issues since they been there, which is coming upto 18 months, jess is in the school choir and loves that too, they spend plenty time outdoors and lots of good trips the kids love, educational but fun too, all kids different and i guess as a parent you will get a feel for the school when u visit and know if it feels right for your kids, good luck in your decision for me and my girls its worked out well :)

i dont know what age yours are but if you decide to send them there and you want me to mention to the girls when they starting and maybe to say hi to them, might be nice for them to have someone break the ice for them in their first few days, just let me know and i will get the girls to make the effort to welcome them:) my girls are 10 and 11 in years 4 and 5

Dawn x

ohh forgot to say yep watch out for those pesky magpies in spring, i regularly had to dodge them as i walked across to pick the girls up last spring :)

I was really really impressedby the school.

I hope its not like a scene frm The Birds

Lisa

Hiya

My kids go to All Saints at seaford and love it

Sally

Hi

Our 8 year old daughter (yr4) went to All Saints and our 6yr old son (yr1) still does! It is very similar to the schools we had experienced in the Uk but behaviour and discipline can be a bit slack ! This does not appear to be a problem for our 6 year old but most def was for our 8yr old . Unfortunately year 3 and 4 have a bad group of children and my daughter was very unhappy. We were disappointed in how the school handled certain issues (due to their religious ethos!!!) So my daughter now goes to one of the local state schools. This was not an easy decision to make but the bad group had made her life and a great number of others hell for the past 2 years and would obviously stay with her in each of her school years there !!!

My son on the other hand is still there and is doing really well. I really want to move him too, but for my own convenience of dropping off and picking up again!!! But for him, for now, while he is still learning well and enjoying school there's no need to move him!

I think that this shows you that what is right for one peron is not for another:v_SPIN:! All you can do is go with your gut feeling once you have looked around some schools!

Good Luck it's a hard one:arghh:!!!!!!