please reply to my other post

Guest louise 112

Guest the4hopes

Hi Louise, you will love it here. We came in October last year, my daughter was 13 and left loads of friends, when it was her last day at school they all surrounded my car so she couldnt leave!! A few have written to her, some we keep in contact with on facebook. She had a birthday party in july, and had 8 of her new friends (couldnt invite all of them, too many!) As they were all sat at the table chatting, it just seemed normal that these were her friends now, and it was lovely. Everything just fits into place, theres so much more to do here, great shopping malls and good bus links. Obviously aswell as the beach and parks.She is really happy here, and you will be aswell.

Laura

Hi Louise don't worry you'll make lots of friends here I'm sure, we come from Dorset and only came over at the end of last year, at first my eldest daughter who is 13 now was very nervous about the move we had never been to Australia let alone Adelaide and she would often get upset about it she had a great group of friends in the Uk, she is now settling quite nicely she has a lovely group of friends who she quite often has sleepover's with or has over here for sleepover's.

Things to do for girls.

Beach (Hendley is my favourite)

Ice-skating (thbarton) they put on special nights lock in for teenagers sometimes

Swimming (we have outdoor (some with flume's) and indoor swimming centre's

Horseriding

Shopping Centre's (big indoor one's everywhere)

Adelaide City shopping centre is very simular to Plymouth shopping centre (grid based)

haven't been to Plymouth in 10 years so just trying to remember what its like

Cinema's everywhere

Blue light disco's (I think this is what its called) aimed at high school teenager's usually run by the police (I think) near high school's very popular

skate parks

Glenelg (busy active suburb they have a fun house which you might enjoy)

Zoo's.

My eldest who is thirteen daughter was terrified about coming over, she had a group of friends and a boyfriend in England, now in less than a year she enjoy's sleepover's with her new friends or having them over she also has a new boyfriend, she enjoy's talking to her friends in England which she usually calls on friday nights while they are on recess at school in England sometimes she talks to teacher's othertimes she talks to them on msn.

Hope this helps unfortunately she is not interested in writing on PIA

Guest back clan

Hi Louise,

My daughter is also called Louise.She is 11 yrs old and has been in Adelaide for 2 wks.

She is really enjoying it here and loves the beach. She has yet to start school but mades somes friends when we went out yesterday.

She has also been keeping in touch with all of her friends from England on the net.

Everyone is so friendly here. I am sure you will be fine

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Louise, my daughter Holly 11, was also really worried about coming to Australia and even after 6 months she wanted to go back to the uk.......but If anyone was to ask her now where she wants to live ...its a firm AUSTRALIA, she would love to visit the uk but now says she loves it here and wants to stay.

Dont worry about the way you are feeling..........evryone does and i'll let you in to a secret.......even the adults worry about it so your not alone;). good luck