13 years old and worried i wont fit in :/ :(

Guest thekings

Guest kangomik

I cannot answer this on your level because i am a "rent" or a "old"

Be yourself and you will fit in. kids dress how they want over here, and have enough options to do what they want.

My kids have more options here than i could ever have given them in the UK. Although younger than you when they came they too were worried about the changes, but have settled well.

hey,

im 15 year old and moved 2month ago... dont be bothered about things like that, nobody cares about anything, people wear there pyjamas and dont wear shoes and go shopping! so if you dont go naked i dont think anybody would be bothered...

for the music and stereotype... noby is bothered again, i am a so called 'chav' i wear all my english trakkie pants here i do get pom lads asking if im a pom to but the aussies dont notice. Music is nothing to be worried about to.. and dont be worried about hobbies.

hope this made u feel abit better :)

jordan

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ozziehonor

Heyy Hannah

Im honor and im also 13 almost 14

we moved here about 2-3 months ago and trust me youll be fine theyre not bothered

youu see some of the ozzies walking about in slippers

hope this i helpful :)

Heyy Hannah

Im honor and im also 13 almost 14

we moved here about 2-3 months ago and trust me youll be fine theyre not bothered

youu see some of the ozzies walking about in slippers

hope this i helpful :)

We've been to a pool a couple of times this week and the kids here think nothing of getting out of the pool, sticking on a pair of shorts and walking out wet and bare footed.

We've four kids and the two older ones, love it.

Cooler

• 2 weeks later...
my names hannah, im 13 and i'm worried i wont fit in because of my hobbies, stereotype,the way i dress and music i like etc.. :confused:

x

Hello Hannah, its good to meet you :). My name is Shaun, Im 14, turning 15 in January. We've lived in Australia about 2 and a half years, though we only moved to Adelaide (Morphett Vale) 3 weeks ago.

A couple of things you may like to know about Aussies;

1) They dont give a rats whether you like something they dont, you dress differently, you enjoy a different sense of lifestyle and direction in they path you want your life to follow.

2) They are extremely friendly, and will usually put themselves out for you.

I used to live in Wagga Wagga, and it was an alright place. I had a job about 5 minutes away, I was good at school and I had a couple of fantastic friends. I joined the Army Cadets too, its a must-do. You learn all sorts of cool tricks, military knowledge etc.

Hope I was helpful, you'll fit in fine.

Shaun.

my names hannah, im 13 and i'm worried i wont fit in because of my hobbies, stereotype,the way i dress and music i like etc.. :confused:

x

hiya i am lauren i have just came over and i started school on monday it was scary but now i am fine i have loads of friends peaple like new peaple dont worry just be yourself you will get thousands of friend million belive me .

ps: i am lauren i am 12 yrs old i moved here 2 weeks ago we rent in shediow park i and i go to a woodcroft school ...................... dont worry it will be fine