Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By salisbury massive

Thread: are there schools in Andrews Farm?

are there schools in Andrews Farm?

We are going to be emigrating with an 11 year old and a one year old.We have been looking at houses in Andrews Farm area.Ideally we would like a primary school within walking distance but could travel to high school.:)

Freeling, Adelaide
      103 times
      Yes we live in Andrews Farm at the moment and there are some good schools around here. Ours go to one in Craigmore but there is a good school which has a seperate primary school to the seniors called St Columba. Its a private school and fees are very reasonable about $4k for two kids. Our firm is just about to start 2 new Super Schools at Playford North and Munna Parra which will open 2011. Not sure how good these will be as a few of the schools around the area are getting knocked down and moving to the new schools as a large set up. Some of the schools to go from what i have been told are not some of the best but thats only what i have heard and may not be fact.
      The St Columba schools are very popular so may be a waiting list to get in, thats one of the reasons we had to pick another school but have no complaints on the one we picked
      Ian, Rachel, Harry 16 & Georgia 13

Arrived in Adelaide 14th June 2008

62 times
      Hi, you don't say when you are going to be emigrating so I'm assuming your 11 year old will still be at primary school. This is the website for Craigmore

there is also a school on Adams Drive in Craigmore which is on the other side of Main North Road http://web.playfordr7.sa.edu.au/ My friends kids go there and love it.

There isn't a school in Andrews Farm and believe me you definately don't want to be going to any school in Davoren park or Elizabeth.

You could try Angle Vale which isn't too far away, driving not walking though

There is a Primary School at Munno Para but have no idea what its like

When it comes to High Schools you'll be in a bit of a bind. Traditionally the schools in the area you are looking at are not that great.

Basically State high Schools you've got Craigmore High
      Elixabeth/Freemont - don't even look at the website - its rough
      Smithfield plains - again, don't even look
      A bit further out there is Salisbury East http://www.sehs.sa.edu.au/ Its my zoned school and I didn't like it at all.
      Or the best of the bunch Salisbury High http://www.salisburyhigh.sa.edu.au/ Though it can be difficult to get into if you are not in the catchment.

there are a number of private schools, including Trinity College in Gawler which is further north, but you could get the train from smithfield to Gawler station.
      The other private school is Tyndale College at Salisbury East
      http://www.tyndale.sa.edu.au/ They run from reception to year 12 so it could be an option. i loved this school but could not get 3 spaces so went elsewhere.

As Ian says the new superschools will be taking the place of a number of High Schools in the North Eastern suburbs in an effort to bring the reputations of the exisiting schools up and offer better facilities.. Unfortunately the occupants will still be the same kids, just in wonderful new schools.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by salisbury massive; 14-10-2009 at 02:13 AM.
      lsbc1976 likes this.
      On top of the hill in Salisbury Heights

198 times
      my friends son attends holy family in parafied gardens (lives in andrews farm) and i believe its an excellent school, the ones in angle vale are meant to be good too, good luck :)
      clare 39 clinical nurse educator, Rn/mhn, Alex 7

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums