Steiner Education

Guest clareeyles

Guest clareeyles

Hi,I just thought I would say hello.were due to come to Adelaide in April 2010.At the momentour two boys attend a steiner school in uk.Thery are very happy with this style of education and eliminates a lot of unwanted stress ie from sats tests etc.Most people who post about Steiner schools do not have childern that attend, and will often assume because it is an alternative education that there is no disipline,which is not true.Its the same here in the uk, where some people believe it is a "special school"

One thing I was very surprised at was when I first attended school assemblys no head stood up and ordered silence, the kids just wish to behave because they have respect and know they are about to listen to a beautiful peice of music.

Also lots of practical learning which is invaluable.The kids also make great uni students

and excell.

I would love to hear from any one with kids in Willunga or Mount Barker steiner or just your thoughts.

Clarex

Guest dalyrere

Hi there, I came across this forum whilst looking for info on these schools myself. I have requested an info pack which they post out and they are having a school tour in a couple of weeks. If we get to it I will get back to you with our opinion. Good luck

• 1 year later...
Guest travellingaus

The Steiner school up in the hills in Adelaide (can't quite remember where it is sorry) is gorgeous! The classrooms are all individual "houses", wooden-ish and kind of shaped like big huts, rounded. I went there for a tour when I was stuidying the Steiner schooling system at university and I just love the whole system. Steiner schools are fantastic for the differences they offer to mainstream schooling, however, it is a type of schooling which would best suit *artisticly inclined* children.

To get the parents/children to know one another there is a workshop before school starts up where the parents are to make a lyre for their child from scratch - imagine Unley Primary School asking parents to do that :P So definately take into account what your child is like when choosing - I know that myself as a child I never would have suited a Steiner school as i don't have an artistic bone in my body!

• 1 month later...

called waldorf here one in mount barker. and one in willunga. Mount barker started first. goes to year 12. Willunga also goes to high school and are in the process of expanding. they should have websites

• 2 weeks later...