Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By the4hopes
    • 1 Post By jo_marnes
    • 1 Post By Lee and Claire

Thread: Keeping Children out of School???

Lauren & Alan

Keeping Children out of School???

Hi everyone.

We will be moving over sometime next year and have never been before. We plan to get a holiday rental for about 4 weeks while we decide where we want to be.

Was just wondering what everyone else is doing about schooling? My daughter will be 8, I suppose will have to keep her out of school until we find where we want to be.

We like the look of Noarlunga so unsure if to try and get her into that school first but then it ties us to an area!! Is it ok to home school take long holiday do you think???

As far as I know you have 3 months before they have to go to school.
      Lauren & Alan likes this.

Hallett Cove, Adelaide
      211 times
      Yeah I wouldn't worry too much - at the end of the day, who's going to know? We are now having to move my son schools as we change area, but then we didn't know even after 3 mths where we wanted to be! Although you may feel that you need to get her in to school asap as she'll be bored and lonely - and you'll be very busy! It was a relief to get my son back to school just to have a bit of normality and routine. May have to be one of those things you just have to wait and see how it goes xxx
      COMPUTER PROBLEMS? PM for cheap rates, no fix = no fee!
      Arrived Adelaide - 16/3/09 (Temporary 475), Applied for PR - 16/3/11 (887), Visa Grant - 12/04/2011, Official Aussies March 2014

Lee and Claire
      Hi. We were in a holiday rental when we first arrived so kept our son off school until we found a rental in an area we wanted to be in. My son actually started school about 2 weeks after we arrived.

Lauren & Alan
      Thanks guys...I won't feel like such a bad parent if we keep her out of school until be decide where we will be now!

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums