Hallett Cove

Guest whiskers

Guest whiskers

Hi everyone

What do people think of living in Hallett Cove. We are arriving in Jan with a 7 yr old and a 9 yr old. We are interested in Hallett Cove area. Any ideas/ suggestions or feed back. Thanks

:)

Guest guest569

I like Hallet cove and wanted to move there when we landed 4 years ago. The only thing that stopped us was the wife wanted a sandy beach for the kids to play on. I love the views and its only 20 mins from the city.

We are in nearby Sheidow park and it is a lovelly area to be in. There is talk of restoring the beech so who knows. We ahve only been here 8 weeks but so glad we are where we are. Good schools not too far from the city not too far to the beachs.

Great... You won't really get feel for place unitl you get here though so just wait and see.

Good luck

We are in nearby Sheidow park and it is a lovelly area to be in. There is talk of restoring the beech so who knows. We ahve only been here 8 weeks but so glad we are where we are. Good schools not too far from the city not too far to the beachs.

Great... You won't really get feel for place unitl you get here though so just wait and see.

Good luck

Repairing the beach has been an urban legend for years, but it's very affordable and the views are fantastic. 5 minutes drive to a proper beach too.

I really love living in Hallett Cove - the beach is great for walking along anyway and the conservation park is lovely. The seaviews are stunning from just about every street. Love it, love it, love it!

It is more like 30 minutes drive to the city but no problem at all.

nice area with new shopping centre but houses overpriced

Have to disagree with this. House prices are indeed astronomical on any seafront but elsewhere in Hallett Cove, I would say the prices are very reasonable compared to other metropolitan areas which have these amazing seaviews.

Rent-wise, we are renting a large house, have panoramic seaviews and the rent is as cheap as our tiny unit in Seacliff was with no seaview.

Guest Farrows

Hi we are in Hallett Cove I have 2 boys aged 8 and 5 both at Hallett Cove East school and love it - we have been here only 3 months but boys setlled really well here and we have met and made some great friends here!!

H Cove has some fantastic sea views and is a really prett area it has a new shopping centre , beach has great rockpools and not far to nearest sandy beaches!!

We like it.

Good luck with your move and shout we can help in anyway or fancy cuppa when you arrive.

Becki :jiggy:

Guest happy feet
Hi we are in Hallett Cove I have 2 boys aged 8 and 5 both at Hallett Cove East school and love it - we have been here only 3 months but boys setlled really well here and we have met and made some great friends here!!

H Cove has some fantastic sea views and is a really prett area it has a new shopping centre , beach has great rockpools and not far to nearest sandy beaches!!

We like it.

Good luck with your move and shout we can help in anyway or fancy cuppa when you arrive.

Becki :jiggy:

Hi Becki

Can i take u up on ur offer for help and a cuppa (only drink coffee). I have only been here a few months, and would love to met some new friends..I'm sure u are busy with lots of coffee mornings, but pls give me a shout nx time...Thanks

cara xxxxxx

Guest ben&sharon

Becki - your coffee mornings are becoming legendary...... ;) XXX

Seriously though; we bought in Hallett Cove. We liked it from afar when we were still in grey old England and we spent a LOT of time driving around many areas (both north and south of the city) on our reccie trip and when we finally arrived, but we still liked this the best. It's ideally located for both of us for work - about a 25 minute drive for me and a little bit less for Ben.

It's a lovely suburb - close to the (albeit rocky) beach, with good sea views and some really nice houses, and well connected by public transport to the city (two train stations and countless buses....). The shopping centre is close by and has all the basics, though you do need to go a bit further out for anything special. And the sandy beaches of Seacliff and Noarlunga are just a short drive away......

My little one is in daycare at the moment, so I can't comment on the schools, but there are several people on here with kids at most of them, so I'm sure you'd be able to get more detail from them.

But do keep an open mind; there are plenty of dissenters on here - it doesn't suit everyone! - and the only way that you're going to know for certain is by having a look at a load of the suburbs for yourself - try not to make up your mind until you get here!!

Jamie's a bit too little to be a playmate for your kids, but if you need anything when you get here, don't hesitate to shout.... :)

Good luck with the rest of the plans,

Sharon. XX

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hi jule we are moving into hallett cove could u advise us on schools.

Gina and Alan

Hi there,

There are 3 primary schools in Hallett Cove - Hallett Cove East, Hallett Cove South and the R-12.

I can only comment on the R-12 as that is where our two children go. Both settled really well at the school. Quite different to the UK but I think that applies to all schools. It is a big school as it covers reception through to year 12, but the primary school is sort of a school within a school. There is a good out of hours school care facility and everyone I have come into contact with has been very friendly and helpful. Good mix of children, and class sizes are relatively small - our two are in classes of 20 and 21 children compared to 32 in the UK.

All schools will welcome you on a tour around so you can get a feel for what is right for you.

Hope everything goes well for you, and feel free to get in touch if I can be of any help.

Julie

I've lived in Hallett Cove for 3 years and feel very at home here. We live in a nice, quiet street, have sea views and big enough plot for a pool, veggie patch and chucks!!

Apparently its "Little Britain" here but being the only pom on this end of the street I wouldn't know anything about that. ;)

Judi x

Hi we have just moved to Hallett Cove from Plympton Park. Prices are reasonable at Hallett Cove compared to where we were before. Seaviews and the beach is okay for walks. Kids enjoy the beach they are aged 12 and 8.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have a son (11) and daughter (7) and considering the Hallet Cove area.

Can anyone advise on the school fees for Hallect Cove R-12 and give any hints and tips on uniform (i.e. do they have school logo on everything or can we buy elsewhere to save a few $!). I think I read somewhere that boys do not wear taylored trousers, rather trackie bottoms, is this acceptable uniform?

Anyother insight to the area & school would be most welcome! e.g. how long does it take by train/bus to the city?

Cheers for now

Von x

Guest Skippy

Hi Yvonne,

we arrived in Adelaide 3.2.10 and have 4 daughters 12, 11,10 and 6. They all attend Hallett Cove R-12. We live in Sheidow Park which is right beside Hallett Cove. We really like the area. The yearly school fees are just under $300 per year per child. We bought all their uinorm from the schools uniform shop and it was a bit of an expensive day. It does have the school logo on everything. They do sell joggers too - I think they were around $21 dollars. My eldest is now very chilly with her shorts on and I shall have a look around for her - as long as they're navy blue and no stripes etc I think the school is fine about it. We really like the school and feel our girls are the happiest they've ever been. But you will look around I'm sure and make your own decisions. This site is fantastic for information and a bit of guidance!!! The city is about half an hour away. Hope that all helps you a little. Love Anna x

Guest mayjess

Hi, my daughter is in year 10 and she got her pants from big W $8,, as long as theyre navy blue it doesnt matter,, she has the polo top $35 approx and rugby top $72 from their school shop,, by train its approx 30/40 mins to the city... Hallett Cove is a lovely area in my opinion.

Mayjess

Hi that's a great help thank you Anna & Mayjess ! A lot cheaper than I had in mind and looks like I dont need to worry about grabbing all I can before we move!! :)

Anna, how are you all getting on in general, have you managed to find your feet!? Seems to be so much to think about I'm not sure what to do first!! Have you encountered many of the creepy crawlies as to be honest i'm not looking forward to that at all!!

Speak soon and thanks again

Von xx