Schools Hallett Cove/Sheidow Park

Guest threejays

Guest threejays

Hi, Have been here for 5 days now and loving it! Currently in temporary accommodation and looking for long term rental around the Hallett Cove/Sheidow Park area - just wondered does Hallett Cove School cover both areas? Would love to hear your views/experiences of these schools - our children are 13, 9 and 6.

Rachel, Des, Joe, James and Jonathan

Hi just wanted to say welcome!

I can't help with schools as my 2 are still too young but I have heard good thing about Hallet Cove school and we live close to Woodend School in Sheidow park (primary) and heard good things about that also.

I know a few who have kids that go to school round here and no one has said anything bad about them.

Good luck finding a rental.

Michelle

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi, Have been here for 5 days now and loving it! Currently in temporary accommodation and looking for long term rental around the Hallett Cove/Sheidow Park area - just wondered does Hallett Cove School cover both areas? Would love to hear your views/experiences of these schools - our children are 13, 9 and 6.

Rachel, Des, Joe, James and Jonathan

Nora Batties' rental in sheidow pk is coming up, send her a pm

Guest Farrows

Hi Rachel

Welcome

I moved to Hallett Cove just over 4 months ago and have 2 boys aged 8 and 5, the eldest goes to Hallett Cove east and loves it settled really well and enjoying my youngest starts on 27th Jan and cannot wait - they have not been there long but by the way my son has settled I am more than happy with the school.

How are you finding it so far? If I can help in any way please shout still learning myself though but more than happy to help if can even if it just means a cuppa and chat.

Good luck with the rental.

Love Becki x

welcome and hello :wubclub:

we arrived a bit too late for the school term but we managed to get tours.

we looked at HC east and R12 -

as i remember HC east don't have a catchment area and take on everyone - R12 they kind of have one but might be able to squeeze you in - which they did with my son (apparently we were outside?!?) - just call for an appointment/tour and they were all super friendly and helpful!

Guest nurse sue

hi, can i ask a couple of questions about these 2 schools please?

Is the R-12 school the william light r12? ive been searching on the internet for both and found one hallett cove east (bits of the site are still under development) but wasnt sure about the r-12 one.

what is discipline like in classes?

are there a high proportion of english kids?

what facilities are there, and are there many afterschool activities?

thanks!

sue x

Guest donna T

Is the R-12 school the william light r12? ive been searching on the internet for both and found one hallett cove east (bits of the site are still under development) but wasnt sure about the r-12 one.

thanks!

sue x

My son has been at HC East for 3 years and my daughter is just about to start.

The school does have expat kids inc English and South African but I think Josh was one of maybe 3 in his class last year. Don't know about this coming year yet.

The school has plenty of after school activities, depending on what the kids are in to. There are soccer teams, Judo, guitar lessons a jump rope team, drum lessons, cricket teams and I am sure many more that I don't know about.

Discipline is much laxer than the UK I reckon although par for the course in Australia. They have time outs, a behavioural thinking room (like detention during recess and lunch) which seem to cover most eventualities. Don't know about any issues that would warrant anything more serious though.

Josh has had 2 brilliant teachers and one not so hot and we are happy with the school and the support they give to new migrants.

Hope that helps

Donnax

thanks!

sue x

Hi, the R-12 is on Gledsdale Road, theit website is www.hcs.sa.edu.au

Seems to be a good mix of children from all over. Like the previous post, more relaxed than the UK but children seem pretty respectful so it must work. We contatced them from the Uk and they were really helpful and answered most our questions. Any others we covered when we visited the school. Were made very welcome during our visit and sat in on a couple of classes.

Julie

Hi, the R-12 is on Gledsdale Road, theit website is www.hcs.sa.edu.au

Seems to be a good mix of children from all over. Like the previous post, more relaxed than the UK but children seem pretty respectful so it must work. We contatced them from the Uk and they were really helpful and answered most our questions. Any others we covered when we visited the school. Were made very welcome during our visit and sat in on a couple of classes.

Julie

Hi, is this a private school? And also, can I ask which High School will the kids attend from here and is that any good? Many thanks, Penny :)

Now realise I have found Hallet cove r-12, east and south schools, with the first I believe being a school up to year 12, so no High School needed as such? If I am right where to the children from the east and south schools go on to?? Many thanks Penny