New schools comparison website

Diane

For those of you still in the UK, you may not be aware that the government has launched a new website today - http://www.myschool.edu.au - which gives result comparisons between "like" schools.

Not looked at it personally as my choices are already made, and apparently it may crash a bit today from so many people trying to view it (!) but sounds like we're going the way of the UK school league tables ... a shame in my view but there it is!

Well I looked at it and it is mainly an info site containing a blurb which the schools have obviously written themselves. It displays pretty much the same info off the Naplan results that the parents get given in their child's report and the info from the school context statement regarding enrolment breakdown, attendance, teacher numbers, etc all information that was not hidden before anyway. It always was accessible.

Well I looked at it and it is mainly an info site containing a blurb which the schools have obviously written themselves. It displays pretty much the same info off the Naplan results that the parents get given in their child's report and the info from the school context statement regarding enrolment breakdown, attendance, teacher numbers, etc all information that was not hidden before anyway. It always was accessible.

I guess that's ok if your child is already at the school and you get the info through them, but for someone choosing a school from the UK, and being used to school league tables, it might be useful.