Fees , please help me understand

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello all,

Still planning our life though still no visa, lol always positive now to the point.

My two sons are in years 8 and 10 secondary school, I have been looking at housing relatively close to schools so they no longer travel an hour and get two buses to get a decent education. I review the school sites and they all seem good and fair, and then you get to fees, I pay for materials and such now, not expensive but not sure what to expect in Adelaide can someone please give me a figure and roughly what it covers.

Thank you for reading my post

Tanya :wubclub:

Guest the4hopes

All schools seem to have different fees, which we didn't realise! My daughter goes to Blackwood High, and we pay 675 per year, Aberfoyle Park is almost half!

Breakdown

Text book hire 74

Photocopied material 44

School diary 15

Access to I.T 188

Subject supplies and services 313

Library resources 41

Extra for dance, drama, music ,netball,other sports.

Fees do not include, all excercise books, files, other stationary and pens etc, and excursions,school uniform.

This is just for one school, but some may be different.

By the way Tanya as I am writing this my daughter has just brought in the post, the dvds are here!!! Thankyou x

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Thank you for the information thats really good to know, as for the dvds your welcome, more are on their way to you, I already fork out £600 a year and thats just on bus passes so as long as school is closer we will be fine (I hope) :skeptical: without the trips and extra materials although not amounting to loads of dollars though

Hope you have enjoyed the dvds

All schools seem to have different fees, which we didn't realise! My daughter goes to Blackwood High, and we pay 675 per year, Aberfoyle Park is almost half!

Breakdown

Text book hire 74

Photocopied material 44

School diary 15

Access to I.T 188

Subject supplies and services 313

Library resources 41

Extra for dance, drama, music ,netball,other sports.

Fees do not include, all excercise books, files, other stationary and pens etc, and excursions,school uniform.

This is just for one school, but some may be different.

By the way Tanya as I am writing this my daughter has just brought in the post, the dvds are here!!! Thankyou x

Guest salisbury massive

The good thing about Adelaide is most suburbs have a primary school in it, so your travelling costs are minimal and generally the bus stops right outside the school. Also the catchment areas on Primary schools are quite slack. If your preferred primary has a place and you want it, they generally will let you have it even if you don't live in the area. High School becomes more difficult as the spaces are determined by the Department of Education, not the school. So it may be beneficial for you to live in an area where you like the High School and fit the Primary in around that. Competition for the extra High School spaces can be fierce and it usually comes down to who lives the closest. I just bought a student saver multi trip bus ticket this morning and it was $9.40 for 10 trips.

My Fees for this year are as follows, I have 1 in private school and 2 in state schools.

So Kings Baptist at Wynn Vale. My daughter has just started year 11. We originally paid out $660 in uniform in year 8. So far I have not had to replace any uniform so its been quite good. Her book fees were $489 for the year and $1400 per term. Excursions and camps are extra on top.

Golden Grove High School year 9. It cost $440 for the year and $30 for the stationary pack which is optional. Yo can go & get your own from Big W ect. I paid about $250 for uniform, the most expensive bit was the dress which they must have and was $92.

Keithcot Farm Primary - Year 1. Fees $260 for the year all in. Uniform cost me about $130 that included, dress, polo, sweatshirt, hat & 2 pairs of shorts.

Also please be aware most schools charge a certain amount for the year, however there is a legally recoverable amount that is set which you can pay. For example. Golden Grove charge $440, but the legally recoverable amount was only $263. So you can pay that amount and they cannot make you pay any more. Keithcot charge $260 but their legally recoverable amount was only $193. It can help to know this when you are trying to budget and work your fees out.

hope that helps.

Jo