4 school-deprived children!

Guest Skippy

Hi all,

arrived in Adelaide Wednesday last week with 4 lively children! We are so impressed with everything so far - especially the friendly people around every corner it seems! Over the jet lag now and our heads are clearing ready for all these important decisions we have to now take! We know this may have been posted on many previous occasions but our first major hurdle is which schools to send our girls to!!! Our lovely short term rental is in Sheidow Park. We've driven around the areas containing Hallett Cove R-12, Sheidow Park primaries, Seaview High, Morphett Vale High, Reynella schools and Woodcroft college. !!! Can anyone give us any pointers at all? It would be so lovely to feel we've made an informed decision instead of relying on gut instinct! Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

Thanks Anna and Paul.

Do it the other way round - find your long term rental first, then choose your school. We tried it the other way round and because of the tight rental market (and that was five years ago - worse now!) it just didn't work! We chose a school, started looking for a rental and there was nothing decent nearby! Once you have your rental sorted, you probably won't have trouble finding a good school nearby.

Guest Farrows

Hi my boys ages 8 and 5 are at the Hallett Cove East school - we arrived 5 months ago and they love it - settled really well everyone very friendly and helpful I am very happy with it!!

Good luck with the decision and if I can help in any way please just ask !!

Good Luck

Becki:)

Hi there, my two (7 & 9) go to Hallett Cove R-12 and both have settled very well and seem to be very happy (started at the school last September). We were a little concerned at the size at first as both of ours attended a fairly small village school in the UK but we needn't of worried. Neither of our two seem the slightest bit phased.

Best thing to do is to get in contact with the schools you are considering and ask for a tour - we found schools more than happy to do so. This way you will get a feel for the place.

Regards, Julie