Girl's school uniform

Guest Damien

Guest Damien

Hi All!

Just trying to pack our suitcases ready for Wednesday. Daisy (our 4yr monster) has some grey school skirts that are too big for her at the mo. Will she have to wear grey skirts as part of her uniform as they are expensive to buy? If so we'll bring them and she can grow into them.

Cheers,

Damo

Hi All!

Just trying to pack our suitcases ready for Wednesday. Daisy (our 4yr monster) has some grey school skirts that are too big for her at the mo. Will she have to wear grey skirts as part of her uniform as they are expensive to buy? If so we'll bring them and she can grow into them.

Cheers,

Damo

In a nutshell, I would say not worth it as I haven't seen any grey skirts but only been here since November and haven't seen winter uniform yet. However, if you have any idea of what school you are looking at you can ask us or look at the website. Yes, in general school uniform is much more expensive here. Tends to be private schools that use the grey (our boys can just about get by with grey shorts from the UK) but my daughter's winter skirts are tartan. Grey shorts/trousers are roughly $40, daughter's skirt was almost $100, etc. Bit of a shock to the system! Private schools tend to be more formal and you'll find that in state schools it's often more casual anyway, and she would be wearing track suits, etc. which can be purchased more cheaply.

I'd swap the skirts for good quality winter/summer clothes that she'll grow into if you see any in the sales before you leave. She will want long sleeve tops, trousers and cardigans.

Liz

Liz

In short no. Primary school uniforms here are more casual. Girls wear a range of knit shorts, polo shirts, skorts in the school colours, dresses in the school colours and fleecy trackies and windcheaters in the school colours. Some schools may also have the option of a winter skirt, but these are usually check of some description, a bit like a kilt. Your daughter will be going to kindy as she is a 4 year old and thet dont wear uniforms unless it's a private one. You could bring them anyway, but most schools don't have grey as a school colour, except if boys want to wear more formal shorts.

• 11 months later...
Guest Tina P

Hi

I would say no, no public school that I can think off wears grey.

Navy blue seems very popular - we have Royal Blue which is so hard to find.

Tina

Guest Damien
Hi

I would say no, no public school that I can think off wears grey.

Navy blue seems very popular - we have Royal Blue which is so hard to find.

Tina

Thanks for that Tina, should be ok now coz we've been here a year :D