Cardijn College

sduffy

Guest Guest75
Hi guys,can anyone advise whether Cardijn College in Noarlunga is a good school.Friend considering sending her daughter there.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks Sue

Hi Sue

It seems to be OK - Middle of the road or better.

Fees are reasonable.

:)

Guest Team 'W'

hi

have a look for sea salt on here ,clare has a daughter that started in jan she might be able to give you an insight as to what its like....

soz cant be of any more use!!

Guest nishman

My eldest moved to there from the local state school last year, and is far happier and is really enjoying it. She settled in really quickly and is now part of a group of really nice friends. She seems to be tested more than she was before and it's done her confidence the world of good.

• 2 years later...

Hi my daughter goes there, she loves it! its a brilliant school, teachers are wonderful and go out of their way to help your child settle in. she has made lots of lovely friends, has a lot of homework but is doing really well. Fees are reasonable compared to some other schools ,so iv been told( still hard to get used to when you have never paid them before:/ good luck, claire.

• 2 months later...

Hi my daughter is in year 5 at primary and I'm just started looking into high schools (omg it's a mine field out there) has anyone got any recommendations or warnings about any schools. The areas I'm looking at are from Brighton to moans, woodcroft and reynella. We are in Christies beach so idont want the traveling time to be to long.

Hi my daughter is in year 5 at primary and I'm just started looking into high schools (omg it's a mine field out there) has anyone got any recommendations or warnings about any schools. The areas I'm looking at are from Brighton to moans, woodcroft and reynella. We are in Christies beach so idont want the traveling time to be to long.

Just a word of caution, most high schools will have strict zoning procedures in place. I know that my kids school (Reynella east) has for their high school places.

Guest Guest6899

Ethan starts at Cardjin in Jan in year 8, we have been to several open days/evenings and we are very positive that it will be good for him. The staff seem very friendly and the school itself its nice and has lots of up to date equipment.

• 1 year later...

I've looked at the website and been really put off by their zeal for making children learn about catholicism. Woodcroft is more expensive, but really seems to encourage kids to explore their own ideas on religion rather than brainwashing.

My wife was brought up Catholic, although isn't at all religious and I am vehemently against forcing religious views upon youngsters - however, I do want my kids to get a good education....

What to do?

Guest BurgessFamily

By not exposing kids to Religion, are we forcing atheism on them? It's a tough one, and I feel the religion here is more modernised than in the UK, with a more family/relaxed atmosphere. Yes they do cover belief from a catholic point of view, but as parents we are there to make sure they have a broad view (as well as the impact tv and social media will have on them :))

I am no atheist, but religion is ill fitting for me, yet I am happy for my kids to go to a catholic school. I have to say, one of them really enjoys the religious aspects and who am I to judge him? Religion at it's most basic is about fairness and treating people with respect and as an equal - all good in my book. :)

A final point, my wife is a catholic from Northern Ireland, and I'm a Protestant (both non practising though) :P

Edited by BurgessFamily

My daughter left last yr and though catholic does not like any form of ram into down your throat catholicism and certainly never found that to be the case at Cardijn.

Discussions and teaching were mainly based around more social justice type issues.My daughter absolutely could not speak highly enough of her time at Cardijn.

Both academically and from a pastoral view point we were highly impressed by Cardijn.

Sue

Hi , we are moving to Moana at the end of April and looking at schooling for our boys. Our youngest will most probably go to Moana Primary School. My eldest is 14 and from what we have read we are not sure about Seaford High School. At the moment he attends a high achieving secondary school in the UK. He does however have some learning support. It is important to us that this continues and we have read good reports about Cardijn, what are peoples thoughts?

Many thanks

Sue

I've looked at the website and been really put off by their zeal for making children learn about catholicism. Woodcroft is more expensive, but really seems to encourage kids to explore their own ideas on religion rather than brainwashing.

My wife was brought up Catholic, although isn't at all religious and I am vehemently against forcing religious views upon youngsters - however, I do want my kids to get a good education....

What to do?

I wouldn't ever suggest avoiding religion altogether, just give them all equal airtime.

I know Woodcroft is more expensive, but just got a much better feel for their view on things - although Cardijn does seem to be popular, so what do I know! ;)

Guest BurgessFamily

Someone once said that in Colonnades (shopping mall) you see every high school uniform (suggesting kids are wagging), but you never see a Cardjin uniform - despite the school being opposite.

Maybe they have access to the CCTV. :P