St Johns Grammer, Belair

Guest sun13

Guest sun13

Hi There

We are serioulsy looking at sending our daughter to St Johns In Belair, we went for an open and loved the pre-school and junior school. we like the idea that she can stay there for her whole education. WOuld love to hear anyones thoughts on the school, good or bad.

Thank you :v_SPIN:

Hi,

We considered St Johns as we loved the look of the school from afar, however the major thing that put us off was a few negative vibes from people currently living in Adelaide and the comparison results with other private schools in the area on Find a school | ACARA did not make good reading.

In the end we decided to enrol our kids at Westminster in Marion, a little more expensive but we hope that the kids will get a good all round education there although as we are not there yet it is very difficult to know if we have done the right thing.

Cheers

St Johns has a reputation among other major big league schools that commands respect. The kids in the Junior school are worked to the best of their abilities but there is also a big emphasis on well rounded children, as in music, drama, sport etc. They also emphasise compassion for others. The results on that website were surprising as kids who enter the Senior campus from the junior school are usually quite ahead in many things and work skills than those coming in from other schools. Certainly both the school and the parents rally round and have helped my niece and nephew and their guardians with garden and house maintenance since my brother and his wife died within 8 months of each other in the past few years. There are no big behaviour problems. I would read the past newsletters which you can access through the school's website. Of course like every school, it will not suit allcomers but the majority of people I know who have dealings with it are happy. My son went there for High school only.