Schools websites???

Riponian

Hi

I am starting to look into Kindy for my son and could do with some info. I am trying to find out what is in the area, which kindys feed which schools and then onto secondary??? Is there a list and is there a way of telling where the catchments are?

Where are the secondary schools?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Guest joolz

Hi not sure about catchments as we are still in the UK, but if you go into google maps SA and put in "schools near Sheidow Park" it will bring up a map with all the schools in your area. From there you can click on the links for each school...hope this is of some help?

go to www.decs.sa.gov.au and click on the list of schools. This also includes kindies. If you find the local primaries in your area using the UBD map book or google then you can look at their context statements on the decs website. Somewhere towards the end of the statement it will have abit about where the kids come from and which high schools they feed into. Most primary schools ar not zoned but the popular high schools are tighly zoned. Keep in mind this does not necessarily mean it is the best for your child.

Woodend Childrens Centre Kindy is the main feeder kindy for Woodend Primary. If you are at the other end of Sheidow Park, where Sheidow Park Primary is your nearest, not sure, but Trott Park may be the main feeder for that.

From what I gather Trott Park is a much more structured kindy than Woodend, Woodend also offers occasional care for kids from something silly like 6 weeks! but your could aways start him on 2½ hours a week there for only $5. (only one session per week allowed though) and bookable on a first come, first served basis each week, so no guarantees.

Neither school is zoned (catchment) at present, but Woodend was until 2 years ago and may become again, who knows?

High school - I personally wouldn't worry for his age right now, a lot can happen in the next 8 years or so, and who knows where you will be, kids seem to go all over anyhow.

Edit: but secondary you may be looking at Hallett Cove r-12, Seaview High, Aberfoyle Park High

Primary you also have St Martins as a private religious school

Thanks everyone it is such a mine field of information and I have been putting it off. :confused:

I live very near Woodend primary and heard good things about it but wondered what the options are. I understand that 90 of kids that go to Woodend Kindy go to Woodend school. I am thinking of trying a different Kindy either Trott Park or Mary Bywaters in Reynella as they bus to my son's current childcare but then was worried about the transition to school from a different kindy!

I will certainly have a look through the website and then the only thing to do then is go and have a look.