I also have an NVQ 2 in childcare and spoke to a lady on the phone yesterday at Select.
she sent me this email with the following phone numbers to get the qualification assessed.
Thank you for your enquiry regarding work with Select Education as a child care worker in Adelaide. Please find a copy of the Child Care Registration Requirements attached. Prior to Registering with Select Education, you will need to do the following to have you overseas qualification recognised:
Have your qualifications academically assessed by the Skills Recognition Support Service. TAFE - Currie Street Campus, Adelaide Ph: 08 8207 8354
Contact Laura Rodrigez at Licensing and Standards to request a letter of recognition of your qualification once it has been assessed. Ph: 08 8226 1324
To register with Select you have to do the following, this is just Select - Applying for jobs in the paper might be different.CHILD CARE
The following documents must be provided as originals or certified copies signed by a JP. Once you have all of your documents in order, please call our Adelaide office on 08 8468 8021to arrange a time to register.
1. Qualifications or Academic Transcript
2. National Criminal History Record Check
Please complete both the Consent to Obtain Personal Information Form and the Schedule of Application(s) for DECS Criminal History Screening Form and submit to:
Criminal History Screening Unit (DECS) Ph 82260430
3. Statutory Declaration
Please complete the Statutory Declaration provided in the presence of a Justice of the Peace. To locate your local JP please visit www.justice.sa.gov.au
· Edmund Rice Campus Thebarton 82342937
- Child Safe Environments – Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Certificate (Formerly Mandated Notification Certificate)
· The Gowrie Training Centre Thebarton 82345219
· TrainSet Marryatville 83332601
· Australian Education Union 82721399
Contact The Red Cross Ph 1300 367 428 or St John’s Ph 08 8306 6999
- First Aid Certificate (BELS Course or Senior First Aid)
Please also bring the following to your registration interview:
Referees who can comment on your ability to work with children will be highly regarded. Acceptable references include:
- Current CV – including 2 referees
· Practicum reports if you have graduated within the past two years
· Written references on company letterhead paper.
· Names & contact details of verbal referees (overseas references must have an email address)
7. 2 x Passport size photos for ID card
BSB and Account Number
- Bank Details & Tax File Number
- DECS Identification Number
10.Proof of Identification
100 Points – Please see attachment
Hope that helps