Seaview Downs High

she1971

Im sure someone was on here last week saying there kid had just started at it and was a good school.Its not too bad an area its catchment area does have a couple of not so nice bits in it but on the whole looks ok. A lot of the older homes in the area are being pulled down and new ones for sale being put up.

My daughter is in Yr 11 there, its not a bad school though doesn't have the greatest of reputations. There are some excellent teachers there, and some that aren't so great. (isn't that the same everywhere though)

Last year my daughter was bullied, i did have to push a bit for something to be done, but can't fault them once they got their act into gear.

A new head was appointed at the start of the year and seems to be making some positive progress. Their website is Welcome to the Frontpage

My daughter is in Yr 11 there, its not a bad school though doesn't have the greatest of reputations. There are some excellent teachers there, and some that aren't so great. (isn't that the same everywhere though)

Last year my daughter was bullied, i did have to push a bit for something to be done, but can't fault them once they got their act into gear.

A new head was appointed at the start of the year and seems to be making some positive progress. Their website is Welcome to the Frontpage

Hi Maria...Yes... you're right. No school is perfect, and definiately not here in UK!!!!

Glad to hear they responded to your problem positively.

Was just worried as can't find many posts about it....good or bad.

Know which are rated as the'best' of course!

Having said that, Zack opted here to go to a secondary school nearer where we live, to the 'in' one that all his friends went to and have to say has done very, very well. Couldnt have asked for more from a school.

Soooo....we will look and go on gut instinct and feelings again I think!!!

I think thats the right attitude to take, Some of the schools with great reputations aren't quite as good as they;re made out to be, i know of 3 children that initally went to one of these and were bullied horribly with little/nothing done to stop it. They all ended up moving to other schools.

Seaview has a great tennis programme as well as other sports. International students have their own forum and get to go on day trips etc. Ainsley is doing well in her grades and is generally happy with her school life.

Best of luck :)