Info for Hallett Cove R12 please!

The Hallidays

Hi Guys.

My children (age 8 & 12) are due to start Hallett Cove R12 when the schools go back. We have got the uniform (t-shirts & jumpers from school) but wanted to ask, What bags do the kids take to school - we've seen some with backpacks, are these what most kids take and do they have to be navy/blue keeping to the school colours?

Many thanks guys xx

Hi there, my two go to Hallett Cove R-12, in fact I think your Harvey may be going into the same class as my Charlie (Mrs Barton)! To answer your question about the bags, the children all take back packs, no special colours, so they can take which ever colour/design they like. My two love the school (we only arrived last September so still pretty new ourselves) and have settled really quickly, and if Harvey is in Mrs Barton's class, she is a great teacher and really does lots for the children.

Please let me know if we can be of any help at all. Hope all goes well for your two starting.

Julie

Hi there, my two go to Hallett Cove R-12, in fact I think your Harvey may be going into the same class as my Charlie (Mrs Barton)! To answer your question about the bags, the children all take back packs, no special colours, so they can take which ever colour/design they like. My two love the school (we only arrived last September so still pretty new ourselves) and have settled really quickly, and if Harvey is in Mrs Barton's class, she is a great teacher and really does lots for the children.

Please let me know if we can be of any help at all. Hope all goes well for your two starting.

Julie

Thanks for that Julie. Yes i think his teacher is called Mrs Barton. I didn't meet her but Harvey said his teacher was a bit old with grey hair but she was cool cos she hi-fived him...lol.....

Thanks for the offer of help with defo bare it in mind

Helen

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry to hijack this thread but we are seriously considering Hallett Cove and I like the idea of a joint school as my kids are 7 & 12.

What do you think of the school? Are your kids settled or are you wishing you went elsewhere!?

In addition please could you let me know what the uniform requirements are, is there anything I could bring with me (or indeed not throw away) ? :)

Also what sort of school shoes do they need?

Feel mad asking now but have a funny feeling things will move too fast before I know it! :0/

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne.

So far the school is great. The kids settled in really well and made new friends straight away. I was really worried that they might get picked on or not fit in but that wasn't the case so i'm really pleased i sent them there.

The uniform is navy bue. You have to have the school logo t-shirts and jumpers but you can buy the bottoms from anywhere. Navy bue trousers/skirts/trakkies are allowed but the trackies have to be plain - no stripes or logos. My daughter wears jogging pants and my son wears both jogging pants and cargo type pants. These you can bring if you have them but they aren't a fortune here if you waited. The kids can wear either shoes or trainers - mine both wear trainers and they can be black/white - my daughter wears white adidas with pink stripes and my son wears white adidas with blue stripes.. most kids wear trainers from what i've seen.

Hope this helps xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scrappin' Julie

Hi - My kids have started at HCS and are loving it! I am so pleased that they settled so quick as my daughter had problems at her previous school. Good luck with the move. :)

Guest Chelseadownunder

Both our kids take back packs and my daughters is black so I dont think they have to be school colours. Our children love it at Hallett Cove R12 and I would have no problem recommending it. Is good that there are so many English there as is has helped our children to settle relating to others that have been through the same. Both our children say they have more friends here than in the UK and the different age groups seem to mix more here than they did in the UK. It seems less clicky in our experience. Good luck guys.

Hey, I was only repeating the only opinion I'd heard of Hallet Cove School (from a lady who lived there!) - not making a judgement of any kind!
No , you wouldnt have ever done that before............

Guest adelaideinjuly

i also have two girls 12 & 8 , we r in the process of applying , just need to ask abt activities , do they have a lot of activities , sports , etc

second question abt bullying , do they give new kids hard time ?

Have you visited lately???????????.....or ever....or is this classed as ' sense of humour ' .

The fact is, HC is full of Brits, liek parts of UK are full of Bangladeshi's, Poles etc. I wouldn't like to live there for many reasons, but I am not saying there is anything wrong with the place. I prefer Linear park (on my doorstep) to a stony beach is one reason. Many people prefer the sea to a park.

I am heavily involved in a local football club, I wouldn't fancy driving over an hour each way 3 or 4 times a week to get there.

There are other reasons but there are 2.

If you go to a school that is full of UK people you will get pick up bits of that accent and expressions, another fact.

So no I wasn't being funny or rude.

And HG, do you know where I originate from? Or what my accent is? Maybe I have a northern accent and am proud of it?

Now, can either, or both, explain what is wrong in what I posted, in here or a previous post?

I thought not!!!!

The fact is, HC is full of Brits, liek parts of UK are full of Bangladeshi's, Poles etc. I wouldn't like to live there for many reasons, but I am not saying there is anything wrong with the place. I prefer Linear park (on my doorstep) to a stony beach is one reason. Many people prefer the sea to a park.

I am heavily involved in a local football club, I wouldn't fancy driving over an hour each way 3 or 4 times a week to get there.

There are other reasons but there are 2.

If you go to a school that is full of UK people you will get pick up bits of that accent and expressions, another fact.

So no I wasn't being funny or rude.

And HG, do you know where I originate from? Or what my accent is? Maybe I have a northern accent and am proud of it?

Now, can either, or both, explain what is wrong in what I posted, in here or a previous post?

I thought not!!!!

bit presumptuoius.....Hc full of Brits.......wrong....look at %ages.. I dont see anywhere near majority........... not much different to whats behind you in fact.

If theres nothing wrong with the place why have you incessantly slagged the place of for years.........oh yeah...the humour badge again.

And yes , many people do prefer the sea than linear park, but we dont go running down a suburb than is not too our liking.

Oh .maybe you can tell me........is HC school actually full of UK kids......I dont know, ive never been in there... maybe you have.

ok so i originally posted to ask about backpacks... my kids have now settled in well at Hallett Cove R-12. They've both made some good friends (all australian) and have started to get little aussie twangs too - bonus!!! They were both made to feel very welcome and still are.

We've been in Hallett Cove for 15 weeks or so now and, although i don't venture too far, i love it here. We have an english friend who lives on our street who we knew from the UK. I go to the mall everyday to get something for tea (only have a small fridge...lol) and i have heard 1 english person who works in Big W. Even when i walk passed people in the mall, they seem to all have aussie accents - as i would expect as i now live in Australia - i have heard 1 english parent while waiting outside my sons class and I have a couple of ironing clients who are english but apart from that i don't know and haven't heard any others. We have been told that HC is like little britain - well we're are they all??????

Anyway, we love it here and hopefully, when we buy a home we will defo be looking at staying here...

That's my 2 penneth...

They've both made some good friends (all australian) and have started to get little aussie twangs too - bonus!!! They were both made to feel very welcome and still are.

We've been in Hallett Cove for 15 weeks or so now and, although i don't venture too far, i love it here. Anyway, we love it here and hopefully, when we buy a home we will defo be looking at staying here...

That's my 2 penneth...

Hi thank you :wubclub:

Any information / experiences of those living in areas we are interested in really do help, we've never visited but have researched a few areas based on schools, shopping and commute etc... and have decided to take a couple of weeks to have a nose around - just to be sure!

The one thing that we cant necessarily do in that time is assess the school environment and how the kids will fit in. So thank you to those who have contributed to answering my question :notworthy:

Answers in bold

bit presumptuoius.....Hc full of Brits.......wrong....look at %ages.. I dont see anywhere near majority........... not much different to whats behind you in fact.

If theres nothing wrong with the place why have you incessantly slagged the place of for years.........oh yeah...the humour badge again.

Look, put me on ignore, or get your facts right when debating.....

Why so defensive when I say HC is full of Brits, it is, the quick and easy way to find out is look on here where people are located. Or else go to the HC shopping centre, who have asked me to go there as I would sell a lot of stuff due to the high % of British people who have moved to the area. Where did mention a majority by the way?

I don't slag it off, I say why it's not for me, what wrong with that?

Whats behind me, what do you mean? Currently behind me is a sleeping dog. (I genuinely don't know what you mean - sorry).

And yes , many people do prefer the sea than linear park, but we dont go running down a suburb than is not too our liking. As I said, I don't run it down. I say why its not for me...it's called having a point of view.

Oh .maybe you can tell me........is HC school actually full of UK kids......I dont know, ive never been in there... maybe you have. No, I haven't been, I know people who have kids there, and I read on here how people's kids have settled due to making English friends.

% of people born in UK living in HC 13% from UK in last census.

7% where I live

13% Elizabeth, which is also known as an English place, although most there are older immigrants, so that % is going down.

S Australia 7%

So yes, the facts are, its full of Brits.