High School Options for

taffordbark

Could anyone shed any light on the High Schools for the Seaford area? I know of Seaford High and Christies Beach!!! but has anyone got teenagers already there and what stories/recommendations/warnings do you have? We are just in the very early stages of thinking of a move down South ............but our dilemma is that the school our three are attending is GREAT........but the need for us to be around family hangs over us aswell!!!!

If we could only pick the school up and take it along..........that would be perfect !!!

Also any info on Aberfoyle Park High...........any info on high schools in any area on the other side of the City from where we are would be of interest!!!!

Thanks for your time...........;)

Guest needtogonow

My daughter attends Aberfoyle Park High and loves it. I really liked the surroundings and the feel of the school, also the children there do not look like they want to hurt you unlike another school we viewed closeby (scary)! The school also scored quite highly on the MY SCHOOL website.

Hope that helps!

Bex

Guest hel&sam

my 12 year old has started in year 7 at seaford 6-12, he loves it, made loads of friends, bit more relaxed than back in the uk but he's happy, no probs so far.

Helen.

Had heard a bit of negative about Seaford High.......but also know its probably best to take a good look around first!!!

;)

That sounds very wise, Taffordbark :).

IMHO you could mention just about any school/area/shop etc and someone would have a negative opinion.

I'm not supporting Seaford High, and it's good to get as many opinions as poss, but in the end, your experience might be totally different to anyone else's. For example I know of people who have left Reynella after apparently being bullied, so their experience of Reynella would probably be negative. However, they went to Aberfoyle Park...where I know people have left to go to Reynella, after apparently being bullied at APHS! If that makes sense! BTW kids have gone to state schools after feeling let down by their private schools - it's not just state schools lol.

Not totally sure I made my point there, but!:err:LC

Guest Scrappin' Julie

I've got no complaints about the Seaford 6-12, although I know alot that can afford it round here send their kids to Tatachilla College or Cardine College in preference. If I could afford it, I would look into the reasons for this, but as I couldn't pay for private education it's best I don't see what my son is missing out on!

I've got no complaints about the Seaford 6-12' date=' although I know alot that can afford it round here send their kids to Tatachilla College or Cardine College in preference. If I could afford it, I would look into the reasons for this, but as I couldn't pay for private education it's best I don't see what my son is missing out on![/quote']

in the same boat..........we couldn't afford private schooling.....got three of them teenage creatures...... 2 in year 9 and 1 in year 10!!!! cant wait until they are all working and we can tip their wages into our fund box.......;)