looking for anwsers on Adelaide

Guest Alicelizabeth1998

Guest Alicelizabeth1998

My name is Alice and i am nearly 12. I still live in England and i am hopefully moving some time next year or the year after!

if anyone can tell me what to expect of australia i would really like it!!!

thanks a lot

alice:wideeyed:

xx

Guest hel&sam

beaches are really nice, ice creams are really nice, everyone i've met has been really nice, easy to make friends at school, school is a lot more relaxed than the uk, plenty of cool stuff to do. i love it, my family love it. i'm sure you will too.

Cameron also 12

• 1 month later...
Guest -x- ellie -x-
My name is Alice and i am nearly 12. I still live in England and i am hopefully moving some time next year or the year after!

if anyone can tell me what to expect of australia i would really like it!!!

thanks a lot

alice:wideeyed:

xx

Hi Alice, I'm Ellie, I've been talking to your sister a little. I'm not sure when you posted this and if you'll ever read my reply (:cute: )

I'm in Australia now, do you know where your planning to live? I live in Seaford / Seaford Meadows and it's really nice. There's a new estate (which I live on) and I reckon there's heaps of poms on it but not sure. Anway, the estate is like 7 minutes from the beach it's really nice.

First of what to expect from Australia, the winters are actually really cold. The heat is different to England, in England 17 is HOT but over here it is actually pretty cold, and I mean it FEELS cold.

Soft drinks and stuff are pretty expensive, so if you like them your better off buying a big crate of them. Also, you get a 10c refund on every bottle if you take it to a recycling plant. It doesn't sound alot but we collected heaps of our bottles and we got like $12.70 so it's worth it.

Other stuff, quite alot of bugs and flies, but they don't bother you TOO much.

Listen to how they say stuff because my friends tease me a little when I say something in a Britich accent.

Oh here's some different stuff:

Pants=Trousers

Thongs=Flip Flops

Chips=Crisps

Hot Chips= Chips, it's easier to call them fries or itt gets confusing

Crook=Sick or Ill

Tipex=White Out

Textas=Felt Tip Pens

and theres heaps more.

Oh yeah, people in SA say "heaps" or "heaps good" alot

And they're pretty much obsesed with FUIC (Farmers Union Iced Coffee)

Ellie x

Guest Alicelizabeth1998

hi ellie

how are you ? thanks very much on the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

i dont know were we will be living if we go out there sorry :wideeyed:

but i hope you are having a great time :biglaugh:

are you ellie that emily talks to on Msn or hotmail

from Alice :jiggy: